Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/1/2003 8:27:49 PM EDT
I have an R1A1 Sporter, Receiver made by Imbel, Itajuba Brazil. The mag well has 2000 on it. It also has Fz SA 7.62. The gun has black furniture with the built in bi-pod. I have this rifle now trying to decide if I want to buy it!
it comes with 10 mags. What is this gun and what is a fair price for it? Is it metric or inch?It has a 5.5 inch brake on the front. The front sight is open rabbit ears with a post in the middle.in front of that is a small lever marked with an A. Behind the sight is an adjustment knob...I can see 4,5,6,7. The rear sight is a small hole appature that slides from 2 to 6. Below the back sight is probbly a take down lever. The safety is a 2 position marked S and E The serial # is 6 digit 131*** The gun looks to be about 98%
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 8:41:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Metric.
Probably built by Century
but the Imbel reciever makes it decent.

Open or closed ear gas block?
folding rear site?

With an Imbel reciever Its worth around $500 if
its a century gun or $600 if its a good kit build.

Any other markings on it?
serial on the lower?
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 6:44:28 AM EDT
[#2]
goof up!
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 1:17:07 PM EDT
[#3]
S,E,D is probably Belgium or Austrian.
rear site 2-6 is 200-600meters.
the knob behind the front site is your gas regulator.  Determines how much gas gets sent back to work the bolt.

Open ear on the front is either argentine or Inch (century likes to mix things up.

how high is your rear site?
if the verticle part is closer to 2cm it is inch..if its closer to 1cm its metric.

I would imagine the front of your magazine well has a half moon cut out in it.
Thats a metric style mag catch.

Century gun...worth $450 or so with the Imbel reciever.  They sell new ones (with there own nasty reciever for $400)
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 3:45:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks! That helps alot!
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 4:41:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 6:14:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Where you from in Ohio. I am from Zanesville, 50 miles east of Columbus.

This guy wants $800.00 for the gun. It has 10 brand new mags  and the gun is 98%

The gun was put together by a guy who builds alot of these guns.
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 11:09:19 PM EDT
[#7]
still seems a lil odd with the types of parts on it.  Not from a single kit.
Ask him what kind of kit he built it from.

10 New mags are worth about $100
if they are New in Wrap they are worth $150-200
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 6:13:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 8:21:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks alot guy you have been a big help.

I passed on the gun although I dont think it is to bad of a buy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top