Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/24/2003 5:41:58 AM EDT
I am looking at buying either a STG58 kit or G1 kit and would like some recommendations on the following:

1) Should I go with the STG58 or G1?
2) What receiver should I get to go with it?
3) Where is the best source for the kit?

Thanks,
Darin
Link Posted: 4/24/2003 3:39:21 PM EDT
[#1]
STG58 will be the nicest most likely, DSA for the receiver. Just a headsup, unless you already have the tools  you are going to end up spending as much as a DSA built STG58 to put one together.
Link Posted: 4/24/2003 8:59:10 PM EDT
[#2]
G1s are pretty much gone
STG will be the finest ya can build.
Kits are available from FAC and DSA.
Imbel reciever from FAC for $199 or
a Coonan (FAFAL) made in USA for a bit less.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 6:57:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Most G1 kits are nowhere near being in as nice shape as the STGs, or Dans' Imbels for that matter. Many also have issues with gas blocks and barrels...go with the STG or Imbel and you won't be sorry.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 1:16:52 PM EDT
[#4]
After you read this, maybe smart money will tell you to go find one at a funshow, cash & carry!

BATFE (Burn and Totally Fuckup Everything) is comin after some kits, who is to say who is next?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top