Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/11/2003 11:39:43 AM EDT
How are the Hesse Arms FALs?  A local shop has one used w/bipod for a decent price. I didn't look close enough to see which model it is & their website seems to be down.

thanks
Link Posted: 4/11/2003 12:23:59 PM EDT
[#1]
A good price for any Hesse product is about 50 cents, about the same amount of money the metal is worth as scrap.

Run the hell away from that abomination!
Link Posted: 4/12/2003 9:46:35 AM EDT
[#2]
For 50 cents I'd grabbed it!!! thanks for the info. I remember looking at Hesse FALs are a Belton gunshow years ago & thought they looked ok...
Link Posted: 4/12/2003 11:07:31 AM EDT
[#3]
ABSOLUTE CRAP

Seriously, they are the absolute bottom of the barrel.
Link Posted: 4/12/2003 5:28:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Mine runs runs like a top
Link Posted: 4/12/2003 5:50:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Find a good FAL smith before you buy one.
Link Posted: 4/14/2003 6:32:02 PM EDT
[#6]
My Hesse FAL-H was the first MBR ever.  Since then I have acquired more expensive and better finished rifles however none have performed significantly better the my Hesse.  From the many posts I've read here and at the falfiles.com I agree that I'm in the minority however mine has never failed me in over 800 rounds.  
Link Posted: 4/14/2003 8:05:19 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a Century built on a Hesse FAL-H receiver. This gun has always been perfect. Doesn't jam. Always accurate. One of my favorite guns.
Link Posted: 4/16/2003 1:34:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Don't do it ! The price isn't worth it ! I worked with two guys , one with the FAL and the SR 25 I think . Both guns had alot of problems and the other guy had the flat top ar 15 with problems . 3 of 3 guns that needed repairs before they could be used isn't worth the money they saved .
Link Posted: 4/25/2003 6:09:58 AM EDT
[#9]
I have had a Hesse FAL carbine for years, have shot it extensively without a single problem, furthermore it is very accurate. 2" or better at 100 meters with even the cheapest surplus ammo. Since the quality issues occurred with other Hesse products I have watched my rifle real closely for signs of unusual wear or cracks in reciever, and have had none. I do reccommend a reciol buffer however...for all FALs. This is a rifle that is getting a bad rap for no good reason, despite the obvious decline in their other weapons.
Link Posted: 4/28/2003 1:52:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Mine works fine, too.  I think people on this board get into Hesse-bashing to the point that Hesse owners are afraid to speak out.  True, I'd never buy a Hesse AR-15, and the finish on my H-FAL receiver isn't the greatest, but it is a very reliable rifle for me, so far (crossing fingers).
Link Posted: 4/30/2003 8:50:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Don't risk your hard earn money!! . I also had a Hesse FAL H that did not function. Except mines was like that from day one. My problems were failure to feed. After a year of sitting in my gun safe, I decided to get the problem resolve right. I hade AZ expert arms rebuild my Fal, replace the ugly Hesse brake and Install a new Imbel Receiver. There was also a question of the number of American parts in the riffle. Prior to the rebuild, the only US parts to be found were the receiver and the muzzle brake. After the build, the count now number 7, for a rifle in compliance. Parts installed Brake, trigger, sear, hammer and penguin stock set.

ct602

Link Posted: 4/30/2003 9:46:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Its a crapshoot...Sometimes ya get a good one sometimes you dont.

They can always be MADE to work but is it worth it?

Depends on how much time / $$ you are willing to invest.

Very much the same with a Century gun.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 10:34:52 AM EDT
[#13]
I have THREE in my closet right now, all function fine especially my little carbine. The finish varies, one is excellant and the other two are ok.

I have a buddy that has built a lot of FAL's over the years using DSA, Imbel, a pre-ban argie and Enterprise receivers. Last year a friend of mine wanted his South African R1 kit built on a new Hesse receiver so I made arrangements for my FAL buddy to screw it togehter, went together fine and functioned perfectly from the get go. Now, my buddy prefers DSA receivers but will tell you that all the receivers he has used needed some tweaking and one DSA wouldnt run period, so, you can bash Hesse but all of his stuff isnt junk.

If the price is right buy it! FAL kits are on a decline and future imports are not guaranteed, same with CETME's and G3's so if you want one in your line up now is not the time to hesitate.
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 4:00:27 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
How are the Hesse Arms FALs?  A local shop has one used w/bipod for a decent price. I didn't look close enough to see which model it is & their website seems to be down.

thanks

Hesse has a very bad reputation with AR's , FAL's & CETME / H&K clones .  If you get a bad one , do not expect them to help you out .

You may or may not be getting an expensive parts kit .  :-(

Go with an Imbel receiver .

God Bless
Wyr
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 9:51:47 AM EDT
[#15]
Hesse Firearms,..'unsafe at any speed'.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top