Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/29/2022 7:44:59 AM EDT
Looking to get an IR pistol light with or without IR laser.

Would have liked one in the TLR 7 form, but streamlight doesn’t make that yet and the TLR 8 is visible.

Currently only have white light pistols. This would be going on a pistol with red dot. Am I foolish thinking a pistol ir light might be useful?
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 8:19:03 AM EDT
[#1]
It can be useful.

I have the Streamlight TLR VIR II and its great. IR laser + Illum setting and another for white light. Same footprint as the TLR1/HL series lights which makes it perfect for holster compatibility.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 8:52:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 9:18:52 AM EDT
[#3]
I have https://www.streamlight.com/products/detail/tlr-vir-ii but mounted on a rifle.  No complaints. would probably work better with real NV instead of the poors sionyx that i run, but it gets the job done.  The dot gets hard to see at distance with my ghetto NV, but seems good at pistol ranges.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 9:27:05 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm a fan of the X300V. Both white and IR light. Use a dot for aiming instead of a laser
Link Posted: 2/16/2023 5:20:44 AM EDT
[#5]
OP, Do you have tritium sights on your pistol? I just got a PVS-14 and realized that those night sights become giant glowing orbs that can obscure a head sized target at room distance. Aiming at my head in the mirror from 6 feet covered my head completely. Even with the gain all the way down they're still like three little suns floating around in front of you.

I have an M9A3 so no red dot and can't say if a red dot would sit high enough to not be obscured, but those glowing dots would probably still be a distraction. I have a X300V which works great but no laser so I'm glad I found this thread, now I'm going to look into that Streamlight VIR-II unless Surefire makes a similar unit based on the X300 body. Lining up sights or looking through a little scope/window under NVGs sucks even under the best conditions, if you're going high tech AF with NV might as well get the full package and use an IR laser and light with it.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 2:55:12 PM EDT
[#6]
I would highly reccomend the TLR-VIR II from Streamlight. It has:

-white light
-IR Illuminator
-IR Laser

For a reasonable price of $350 on average.

On top of that it's the same size as a TLR1 so holsters are very easy to find, and its switching from mode to mode is very well designed.

I absolutey love mine (it rides on my carry gun actually). I will be buying a spare.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top