Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/31/2021 7:00:57 PM EDT
Hey all, I've been slowly piecing together a helmet for use with NODs.
I will add most likely add a Princeton tech admin light soon.

Any suggestions on what I should change / add / remove? My only formal training is with a 14 in the army and it was pretty much 'you'll figure it out'.

I dummy corded the mohawk down because I didn't like how it sat without something holding the edges down. Also, it helps with a little cable management.  I like the dicc, but don't love how it deletes the onboard battery.

Thanks
Tom
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 7:52:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks Tier one to me.
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 11:41:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 11:02:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Hey if it works for you roll on.  I know lots of guys were taught to dummy cord everything on, and there's nothing wrong with that.  It looks exactly like what a grunt would do to keep from losing a bunch of expensive, issued shit.  

My thinking is if that crap gets hung up somehow, I'd rather have it pull off than fuck up my neck.  So if you're not active duty and afraid of getting dinged for losing it, protect your neck before your pocket book.  

But I patrol in deep woods, much like Lowdown3 is talking about, so terrain and situation, as always.

One thing I think makes sense, is to "two-stage" the breakaway, by simply velcroing the lanyard to the cover.  In that way, a simple snag might break the doo-dad loose, but then the lanyard might keep it on long enough to recover, or, actually break away if it's a serious snag that might tweak your neck.  So it's a nice compromise between too little or too much.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 9:28:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 7:23:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Thank yall for the input!  I'm still in the stages of trying to figure out what works best for me.  I'm going to need to sign up for one of your classes soon and put this thing to the test.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top