[#5]
Link Posted: 8/29/2022 5:20:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Like these in my DTNVS??

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/29/2022 5:45:45 PM EDT
[#7]
That's hawt! Price increase is not even heart stopping. Well played, lads. Well played.
Link Posted: 8/30/2022 1:47:47 PM EDT
[#8]
@TNVC_Augee Is the PVS-31 SuperGain the same as the PVS-31K? Just wondering what the technical designation is.
Link Posted: 8/30/2022 3:47:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/30/2022 9:18:28 PM EDT
[#10]
WANT
Link Posted: 8/30/2022 9:36:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Are there any downsides, practical or otherwise, to these new tubes aside from price?  Is there any situation where the image might become too bright, noisy, etc. where a standard UWF tube would actually provide a better image?

Link Posted: 9/1/2022 9:38:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

That’s aweswome!!! So, how do you like them with that extra gain? Do you find yourself using it most of time?

Would be sweet to look through these
Link Posted: 9/2/2022 12:25:18 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By dirtyboy333:

That’s aweswome!!! So, how do you like them with that extra gain? Do you find yourself using it most of time?

Would be sweet to look through these
View Quote

@dirtyboy333
They’re hands down the coolest night vision I’ve had, now bear in mind I’m coming from thin filmed green to these, most recently I previously had PVS15. It does seem to be a whiter white than other unfilmed tubes I’ve looked through.

I’d say you can “see deeper into shadows” would be accurate. I just know it seems like I can see everything now with these, where darker areas would have been…darker before.

The clarity of the image through them is just wild.
I love them.

Which side of PA are you? I’m in Philly suburbs.
Link Posted: 9/2/2022 7:54:14 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By bleaman225:

@dirtyboy333
They’re hands down the coolest night vision I’ve had, now bear in mind I’m coming from thin filmed green to these, most recently I previously had PVS15. It does seem to be a whiter white than other unfilmed tubes I’ve looked through.

I’d say you can “see deeper into shadows” would be accurate. I just know it seems like I can see everything now with these, where darker areas would have been…darker before.

The clarity of the image through them is just wild.
I love them.

Which side of PA are you? I’m in Philly suburbs.
View Quote

Man that makes me want them badly. Hahaha

I’m on the opposite side of the state.  Bout an hour south of Pittsburgh 😞. Thanks for the info tho!
Link Posted: 9/2/2022 8:12:51 AM EDT
[#15]
@bleaman225

Your gain control is automatic isn't it?

Does that much gain kick up the scintillation more than a 60k tube would when it decides to really crank up the brightness?

How is the contrast with the whiter image?  Have you tried it with a COTI?
Link Posted: 9/3/2022 4:11:15 PM EDT
[#16]
@spork:

Your gain control is automatic isn't it?
Yes I have a DTNVS

Does that much gain kick up the scintillation more than a 60k tube would when it decides to really crank up the brightness?
Not that I can tell. Looks great even in near pitch black. Maybe I can lock myself in the basement this evening and try to get a cellphone photo. I don’t have anything to directly compare it to in the immediate future.

How is the contrast with the whiter image?
Pretty impressive, the image through them looks crispy.

Have you tried it with a COTI?
No I haven’t.

This is an screenshot from a video that was filmed through a sister set of my tubes. Looks nice but a little blurry since it’s pulled out of a video. In person beats the example.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/3/2022 8:25:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Thank you, @bleaman225

Hopefully I'll be getting my set soon.
Link Posted: 10/22/2022 6:06:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JohnDough] [#18]
I would love to see more reviews of these. Preferably by people who don't work for anyone, and who have multiple systems and aren't emotionally attached to anything. Guys with panos, etc. where buying a new set of SG equipped binos is nothing and if they like them/don't like them, it's whatever to them and they'll share their thoughts. So far, I have heard pretty much everything from "they will blem before they leave the Hoffman" to "Special Ops uses them and has for 10 years", and all the in between from people with a vested interest in the NODS game. I just want more data from people who have zero vested interest. The most astounding thing is that...noone is talking about these. Good, bad, indifferent. I know there are more than 2 sets in ARFcommer hands by now, but literally 2 people who aren't TNVC employees have even posted their experiences with them, and a 3rd hasn't had a chance to use theirs yet and has not formed an opinion. Literally noone has WP UF and these side by side and is posting opinions, it's all first-time owners, or "my last set were thin filmed..." type owners. Both of which are understandably attached to their purchase, and not wrongfully so.

Sniper's Hide has a thread. It's full of conjecture and zero experience.
The astronomy forum has a thread. The only guy with a SG tube is very unimpressed with it, but someone else told him to change some setting on his equipment and he thinks that might help.
The rest of Google just turns up magazine/e-zine ads and short blurbs about them being released.

It's a total black hole out there, and it's not like these haven't been around for at least 6mo commercially from others in small batch type situations, as well as TNVC dropping a TON on the market currently...and nothing. Not a peep.
Link Posted: 4/26/2023 3:30:34 AM EDT
[#19]
Bump for more experiences.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top