Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/5/2003 8:45:04 PM EDT
My 1943 SA Garand has been prematurely ejecting the clip and live rounds during firing.  I know that this is due to a failure of the bullet guide and/or op rod catch.

What I'm curious about is anyone out there who may have purchased the Holbrook Device as seen in Shotgun News.  This device, for those who haven't heard of it, will lock a full or empty clip into the receiver.  The clip will not eject when empty unless the release lever is pressed.  It will also prevent the bolt from closing on a full clip until the op handle is pulled back and released.  Furthermore, it will allow single rounds to be loaded into a clip already latched into the receiver.  According to the ads, it's a replacement for the standard op rod catch.

Has anybody purchased and used this item?
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 10:36:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Hi.. I have been using the Holbrook Device for over a year now and love it!! I use it in my 308 match Garand..and if you don't like it  John will refund your $$ upon return of the Device.....
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 11:17:34 AM EDT
[#2]
I, too, used to have a problem with premature ejaculation until I bought the Holdback Device, which basically was a rubber band.

Oh, wait, that wasn't your question.  Never mind.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top