Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/11/2002 3:25:25 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/11/2002 3:46:23 PM EDT
[#1]
expect ZERO creep and no over travel.
it's a two stage so you have the standard take up and then pressure till snap.  just like a glass rod.

i don't know how they can do it so cheep.
if you are willing to spend the money to send it in you might as well have the action glass bedded.
Link Posted: 12/11/2002 4:18:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/11/2002 5:07:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Glass bedding is a resin (fiberglass?) that fits the receiver (that square block that the barrel and rear sights connect to) and stock tightly together.  If  you look at your M1A with a strong light on the other side, you'll see gaps.  The bedding will fill these gaps and the gaps around your trigger housing.  Personally, I would just go with the NM trigger.  When your abilities get to where you need bedding (and unitized gas system, longer barrel, etc.), you'll be better off getting a NM rifle.  The experts will correct anything I have misled you on or omitted
Link Posted: 12/12/2002 7:01:32 AM EDT
[#4]

i don't know how they can do it so cheep.
 there is an excellent Garand and M1A 'smith out here in CA and he only charges $35 also for a trigger job for either a Garand or M1A... and a few others i have talked to charge that or close to it...of course.. if parts have to be changed out and the most common one is the hammer due to either bad hooks or mis-aligned hammer hole
Link Posted: 12/12/2002 7:31:28 AM EDT
[#5]
HighPowerShooter-Who's the 'smith if you don't mind posting?  Close to L.A.?  TIA
Link Posted: 12/12/2002 12:00:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Had a really nice rack-grade built by Fulton many years ago. The NM trigger should be two stage and break at a crisp 4 1/2 lb. (the lower limit for NM rules) Worth $35? Hell yes, although with shipping, etc. it won't be just $35. Glass bedding may or may not be worth it for you...probably not for a fun gun...the NM mod for the flash suppressor may not be necessary for the gizmo on the Scout model, but it is nothing more than drilling the suppressor out so there is no chance of it "tipping" a bullet.
Link Posted: 12/12/2002 12:18:40 PM EDT
[#7]
while it's in the shop you may want to ask them to install a uncle mikes sling swivel (for bypod).  it works best when mounted between the front sling mount and the vent hole.  have them use the swivel with machine threads and a special washer as the wood screws will pull out.  
Link Posted: 12/13/2002 8:11:40 AM EDT
[#8]
SamK.. the gunsmith is Tom Luhmann in Clovis CA under T.L.C Gunworks
Link Posted: 12/13/2002 8:30:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks HighPower
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top