Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/1/2022 11:55:08 AM EDT
While I'm waiting on Springfield to get my rifle back to me, what options are there for a drop in stocks? It came with the mossberg NRA camo which I'm not a fan of. Not against going with wood, but looking for something I can just drop everything into. Not looking for a project.

If I decide to go with a surplus, how are treeline's excellent condition stocks? I see there's a big price difference between their as new and excellent. I'm ok if it looks a little used, but I don't want deep scratches or dings.

Also planning on running an aimpoint pro on a sidemount, what mount is the go to?

Link Posted: 10/1/2022 2:10:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Look for a GI synthetic.  Wood moves and many don’t have the draw pressure at the front ferrule to maintain any consistent accuracy.
Link Posted: 10/1/2022 4:29:07 PM EDT
[#2]
+2 GI synthetic.

Fill in selector cut and repaint.

You can get new wood stock direct  from SA inc or from vendors like Midway but they run $200+
Link Posted: 10/1/2022 4:29:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Second Third the GI synthetic stock.  Really nice if you can find a nice one.  I even like the original mud brown color.

As for mounts, I have a 3-9x on a Bassett Machine low 1913 mount.  It’s dead simple and doesn’t require all the hoops of the other kinds.

http://www.bassettmachine.com/prod_home_buynow.htm
Link Posted: 10/2/2022 3:06:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Second Third the GI synthetic stock.  Really nice if you can find a nice one.  I even like the original mud brown color.

As for mounts, I have a 3-9x on a Bassett Machine low 1913 mount.  It’s dead simple and doesn’t require all the hoops of the other kinds.

http://www.bassettmachine.com/prod_home_buynow.htm
View Quote

Bassett mounts are solid and come with their own “torque” wrench, lol.   I’ve shot several rifles with Bassetts and they all held zero. They’re made near me too.  Bren Bassett even told me they could custom make for an out of spec receiver if they had it in shop.
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 6:57:33 PM EDT
[#5]
USGI fiberglass stock.

I like my ARMS 18 mount with a red dot. Super easy to install and it doesn't block the iron sights.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 4:26:33 AM EDT
[#6]
I’ll be the odd one here.

The archangel precision stock is great. It’s also an oem stock for Springfield as well. Fit is snug and the general “feel” of the rifle while holding and shooting it is great. I have one on my loaded stainless. I may be getting another for my scout.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 6:28:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Fred’s GI Fiberglass
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 10:09:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Steel bedded with reenforced forearm USGI fiberglass. With a Hawk's selector kit.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 7:33:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Steel bedded with reenforced forearm USGI fiberglass. With a Hawk's selector kit.
View Quote

Unless one wants to be clone-correct, just no. The M14 selector is an abomination. If one's receiver happens to be on a special list and can go fast, sure. Otherwise, fill in the selector slots and be happy.

I do have a Hawk's kit if one wants. PM me.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 8:34:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Fred's GI Fiberglass
View Quote
Fred's is still around?  The website looks like it hasn't been updated in a decade or so.
Link Posted: 10/7/2022 1:03:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Fred's is still around?  The website looks like it hasn't been updated in a decade or so.
View Quote

From what I've read treeline bought all of fred's stocks. I will likely buy a USGI fiberglass from them.

https://treelinem14.com/
Link Posted: 10/7/2022 3:53:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I’ll be the odd one here.

The archangel precision stock is great. It’s also an oem stock for Springfield as well. Fit is snug and the general “feel” of the rifle while holding and shooting it is great. I have one on my loaded stainless. I may be getting another for my scout.
View Quote

What’s the weight like?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top