Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/3/2020 9:59:40 AM EDT
I’ve been looking for an organized pouch to put all my tools and cleaning kit in and came across this one from OC Tactical.  It looks perfect for what I want but it’s not on their site.  I contacted the owner and he was very nice and said he would try and find one but he’s not making them right now.  That was a few months ago and I’ve spoke with him a few times since but haven’t got a response.  Not knocking the guy, I know everyone is swamped right now.  Does anyone know where I can get something like this?

Link Posted: 12/3/2020 1:01:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Would a wrench roll or a tool bag work?

I use a 3 drawer Kolbalt Mech chest.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 2:03:28 PM EDT
[#2]
A wrench roll might just work, I had not thought of that.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 5:07:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Want.

Smith Enterprises used to have a similar one that copied an Otis molle pouch but it got discontinued.

ETA: this was the SEI pouch that was discontinued...

Link Posted: 12/3/2020 8:09:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Want.

Smith Enterprises used to have a similar one that copied an Otis molle pouch but it got discontinued.
View Quote

I know man.... it’s so perfect lol. If your out there OC Tactical guy, make us a few!
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 3:07:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Dam that’s sweet. Would love one of those
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 10:28:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Dang, me too!
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 7:10:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Dang, me too!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dang, me too!

Me three!!!
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 7:25:06 PM EDT
[#8]
If y’all want to email the guy he may make us a run of them.
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 7:38:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 9:41:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I don't know a ton about the m1a platform. What are all the tools in that kit for?
View Quote

MIAs have mucho known maintenance problems, so many tools are needed to keep these dogs running.

Far less tools needed in that pouch for an M1 Garand!
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 10:05:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 11:42:27 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I don't know a ton about the m1a platform. What are all the tools in that kit for?
View Quote

The kit in the OP is maintenance tools

Gas cylinder lock tool. Used to tighten, loosen, and hold the gas cylinder when removing installing the castle nut.

Drill bits to clean out the gas piston.

Castle nut pliers for the castle nut.

Last pocket is shown holding the sections of cleaning rod and the handle that doubles as a wrench for the gas plug, and bolt disassembly tool.

None of which are mandatory just makes life much easier.
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 12:09:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 10:34:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Small tool roll from amazon would be suitable, but I'd much prefer a zip-closed case so small items cannot fall out.  Zippers can be a weak point, so read reviews carefully.

The complete, appropriate, GI cleaning kit is best kept in its' receptacle in the butt stock of the rifle, where it cannot be lost.  This reduces the size of the tool roll.

This tool roll seems like it will be OK:  https://smile.amazon.com/OneTigris-Tactical-Roll-up-Pouch-Pockets/dp/B07MF9B1QP/ref=sr_1_27?crid=1385HHGPPCXSI&dchild=1&keywords=small+tool+roll+up+pouch&qid=1608043951&sprefix=small+tool+roll%2Caps%2C168&sr=8-27

The wide, velcro-secured flap should retain the tools adequately when the pouch is tolled up.

Disclaimer: no financial interest.

ETA: it works.  Holds all the specialized M1A cleaning tools.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 3:27:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

MIAs have mucho known maintenance problems, so many tools are needed to keep these dogs running.

Far less tools needed in that pouch for an M1 Garand!
View Quote

You don’t need most of those tools to maintain an M14 type, mostly the GI kit and a couple drill bits to decarburize the piston, but they do make detailed disassembly easier.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 4:37:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Want.

ETA: this was the SEI pouch that was discontinued...

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-4QhhVTUb6xc/TtfuMJBUtvI/AAAAAAAAARo/sL4TgPq8cKQ/s1600/Tool+kit.jpg
View Quote
That pouch is very similar to an OTIS IWCK (Improved Weapons Cleaning Kit) except mine is black, and slightly different inside.  The newer version is here: https://otistec.com/iwck-improved-weapons-cleaning-kit/

Contact them and see if they will sell the pouch by itself.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top