Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/1/2020 12:58:02 PM EDT
Late last year I bought a M1 Garand in 7.62 NATO through the CMP.

I love it.  It functions great most of the time.  Here is the problem I am having, on some occasions, the recoil causes the en bloc clip to partially pop up out of the magazine.  I then put it back in and continue to fire.

What could be causing this ?

The brand clip I am using is the AEC clip.

Thank you in advance for your help.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 1:04:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Try replacing the clip latch spring with a new one.. that's a cheap place to start.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 1:30:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Try replacing the clip latch spring with a new one.. that's a cheap place to start.
View Quote

seconded
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 1:34:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.  Same thing happened and new spring fixed it.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 1:34:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 1:36:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 3:17:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

1.  See if the CMP will address the issue for you.

2.  If you replace the clip latch spring and still have the issue, check the nose on the bullet guide.  Mine was worn - a swap-out with an in-spec bullet guide solved my premature ejection problem.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 6:14:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Email CMP customer service explain issue and they will put you in conatct with a armorer. They will either send parts to you to replace or will have you send rifle back for repair all at no cost. Parts and shipping will be paid for
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 6:51:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Thank you to all who responded.

I watched the replacement of this spring on youtube and it seems simple enough so I am going to replace it my self.
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 6:52:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Thank you to all who responded.

I watched the replacement of this spring on youtube and it seems simple enough so I am going to replace it my self.
View Quote

My experience was the same as listed above- my fix was the same as what you are proposing- just takes a couple of minutes- it has never bothered me again- replaced the latch and spring.
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 12:17:50 PM EDT
[#10]
I had the exact same problem with my .308 Garand.

Replaced the spring, no issues.  It's an easy swap out too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top