Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/18/2020 11:52:41 PM EDT
I gotta get some pictures but it appears nearly new in the box.  I'm not sure it has been fired

The stock had the selector cut out and I thought the stock had been changed but I appears they came that way at that time

I took it apart and the grease on the op-rod spring is caked and started to dry in place

The barrel has no markings on it but I looked and I guess that was common then

It does have a TRW bolt and Op-rod on it. The trigger group is Springfield Armory

It comes with the original matching Green Box and is marked as a GI model.
Link Posted: 11/19/2020 12:44:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice! Since it has the surplus GI stock from SA, I wonderif it's chambered in 7.62 or .308. i want, no, NEED a GI stock!
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 2:02:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Should be 100% GI parts. Every barrel I have ever seen had some markings on it. With the action locked open there should be drawing numbers visible on the right side of the barrel where the operating rod covers when closed.
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 10:15:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Should be 100% GI parts. Every barrel I have ever seen had some markings on it. With the action locked open there should be drawing numbers visible on the right side of the barrel where the operating rod covers when closed.
View Quote

I checked. Everything is except I can't find anything marked on the barrel. I was reading that Springfield used Wilson barrels for a period of time in the 1980's

I am going to contact them and check if for sure though
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 10:26:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 2:45:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I checked. Everything is except I can't find anything marked on the barrel. I was reading that Springfield used Wilson barrels for a period of time in the 1980's

I am going to contact them and check if for sure though
View Quote

I own a Super Match 33,8XX, it originally came with a heavyweight Douglas barrel. Most standard weight barrels were GI surplus.
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 11:00:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Here are pictures of the barrel. I can't find a mark anywhere and it's not chrome lined.

It is a nice barrel though.  HRA Op-rod. TRW Bolt. SA trigger group.  The guy I got it from said he got it new and only fired 20 rounds through it. I believe him.

The op-rod was coated in dried cosmoline as was the trigger group. I took down the gas piston and it hardly had any carbon on it at all.

It will probably be one I get rid of. It's just too nice for me to use. It is nearly pristine.  My curse, I don't want to take a new gun and knock the new finish off.

It looks like the USGI parts are all new. They look like they just came form the factory.

Link Posted: 11/23/2020 10:38:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Lucky Duck.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top