Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/18/2020 9:12:19 PM EDT
I cannot get my op rod clear. On the bench its slicker than snot,but once I close the trigger guard it hangs up just a bit. I removed material all along the op rod channel but I just dont know where its rubbing.
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 10:16:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Check the top of the op rod cut in the stock. See if there are any rub marks. There, or the angled cut on the inside.
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 10:43:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Most I have fitted, rub where the drawing number is on the op rod. Just cycle it to make rub marks on the stock and sand where you see them. To make better rub marks, use a pencil to put graphite on the op rod where it can rub.
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 11:42:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Check the top of the op rod cut in the stock. See if there are any rub marks. There, or the angled cut on the inside.
View Quote

Its neither of those,I greased the entire bottom of the op rod and none was on the stock.
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 11:44:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Most I have fitted, rub where the drawing number is on the op rod. Just cycle it to make rub marks on the stock and sand where you see them. To make better rub marks, use a pencil to put graphite on the op rod where it can rub.
View Quote

I think its rubbing at 3.00 and 6.00 on the barrel,but only fails tilt test with trigger assy closed.I will look more. Thanks for the responses.
Link Posted: 11/19/2020 12:45:23 AM EDT
[#5]
With the trigger in, the bolt rubs the hammer. You will feel that in the op rod.
Link Posted: 11/19/2020 2:25:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
With the trigger in, the bolt rubs the hammer. You will feel that in the op rod.
View Quote

Correct.
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 6:32:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Also the hammer is a lubrication point as well.  Dab some lubriplate or your favorite gun grease there and inside your receiver hump.
Here's a nice instruction on how to grease your M1 Garand.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top