[#3]
Link Posted: 9/26/2020 9:23:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/26/2020 9:45:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Very nice
Link Posted: 9/26/2020 9:54:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Mine came with a nice condition rack number as well.  I actually removed the stock, and replaced it with a Dupage laminated one just to preserve it, lul.

Slight off topic-  Picked up a nice 03 a couple days ago at CMP.  Very very nice condition.  Can't wait to shoot it...
Link Posted: 9/26/2020 11:44:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

$650 shipped to my door
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How much?

$650 shipped to my door

Awesome
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 8:06:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Awesome
View Quote

Plus  tax on that 650.00
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 8:43:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 2:50:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Plus  tax on that 650.00
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Awesome

Plus  tax on that 650.00

Free shipping.
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 3:21:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Nice, I did not know they had SA Field Grades in stock for mail order.

That rifle looks pretty good, condition-wise, for a field grade. The ME/TE numbers are also quite nice for a FG. I gauged a pile of greek returns in the NS that were pretty ragged out.
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 4:23:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

That rifle looks pretty good, condition-wise, for a field grade. The ME/TE numbers are also quite nice for a FG. I gauged a pile of greek returns in the NS that were pretty ragged out.
View Quote

that particular grade is OOS
Link Posted: 9/28/2020 7:09:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/28/2020 4:42:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Its a rack grade.

It seems like a waste of money to get the service grade ones. All the rack grade rifles I bought look as good as Service Grade.
The other 3 gauge 0 and 1
View Quote

Interesting. The hang tag (RM1-Field) indicates it is a field grade rifle.

You have had an exceptional, almost unbelievable, experience ordering rack grade rifles unless they were "Special Rack" models with new barrels.
Link Posted: 9/28/2020 4:47:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/28/2020 5:41:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Rack numbers are cool
View Quote

Is there an MS Word font and size that duplicates that?  I have a beater stock that I use at reenactments; a rack number would look cool.
Link Posted: 9/28/2020 6:41:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 12:30:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Love those post-war M1 rifles.

Especially like the dark wood, too.
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 3:50:07 PM EDT
[#19]
The M1 is a really excellent stopper. Get yourself a bandolier of clips and you aren’t unarmed, even today.
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 8:01:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Its a rack grade.
It seems like a waste of money to get the service grade ones. All the rack grade rifles I bought look as good as Service Grade.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its a rack grade.

You got a good one. And it might well shoot as good or better than a SG.  

You just need to get it out to the range and pound about 40-60 rds through it. First clips to get it zeroed, the remainder to see what sort of accuracy you can expect.  200-yds is the minimum distance to vet for average M1 groups.

The Nimrods who call a 2" group @ 50-yds 'good enough' are just Sunday afternoon plinkers. They're not serious M1 shooters for whom practical accuracy matters.
Link Posted: 11/1/2020 5:28:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

You just need to get it out to the range and pound about 40-60 rds through it. First clips to get it zeroed, the remainder to see what sort of accuracy you can expect.  200-yds is the minimum distance to vet for average M1 groups.

The Nimrods who call a 2" group @ 50-yds 'good enough' are just Sunday afternoon plinkers. They're not serious M1 shooters for whom practical accuracy matters.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its a rack grade.

My service grade came with TE of 2 and MW of 1. The field grade I ordered a couple years later had the same numbers in reverse, and does indeed shoot slightly better groups than my service grade.

With those barrel numbers it had to have been downgraded for cosmetic reasons alone. Very worn metal finish, very dark stock. I should really put some real work into a full strip and re-oil and see what I end up with.
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 8:29:46 AM EDT
[#22]
Nice score OP!
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 9:13:43 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Its a rack grade.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its a rack grade.

They didn’t used to.  Glad they do at the moment.   I remember some really poorly made greek replacement wood.  I got one given to me for ptactice to glass bed but it was even a bit Fouled up for that, mis cut and would let the clip latch pin walk.
Link Posted: 11/6/2020 12:13:17 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

They didn’t used to.  Glad they do at the moment.   I remember some really poorly made greek replacement wood.  I got one given to me for ptactice to glass bed but it was even a bit Fouled up for that, mis cut and would let the clip latch pin walk.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its a rack grade.

I haven't seen rack grades(other than sniper variants, the new rack specials and IHCs) listed for mail order for years-maybe even since the days of the Greek returns.
Link Posted: 11/6/2020 3:57:41 PM EDT
[#25]
I'm jealous, excellent score!
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 1:58:46 PM EDT
[#26]
If one was to order their first.  Is now a good time or should I wait for this covid stuff to die down?  Their site says more will become available after things settle down.

Link Posted: 11/11/2020 2:47:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
If one was to order their first.  Is now a good time or should I wait for this covid stuff to die down?  Their site says more will become available after things settle down.

View Quote

The best bet in terms of bang for the buck is available right now. The rack grade special for $650. Pitting on the receiver, new barrel. Receiver is reparked.

Service grade IHCs are available too, as well as the regular $750 service grade. The only reason to wait is wanting something specific that is currently sold out.
Link Posted: 11/12/2020 8:50:03 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

It wasn’t a rack grade, which makes this thread more believable.
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 9:41:57 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 3:38:13 AM EDT
[#30]
I have had good luck lately at the CMP store in Anniston. I scored a 3.6mil SA all correct except for an IHC trigger group a month ago. Saturday, I snagged a 2.4mil SA 60s refurb and a 280k SA LEAD refurb that looked unfired since refurb. They even have 1917 Enfield rifles in stock. I picked up a Winchester 1917 in February.
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 9:09:43 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Just mailed off the form for a Winnie. :-)
View Quote

Sent my order on the third, we should get them close together.
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 9:40:41 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 10:04:32 AM EDT
[#33]
OP, nice rifle. How long did it take for you to receive it? I have an order in since end of September and still haven't received the "don't bother us, it's in the mail" email.
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 12:16:59 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
OP, nice rifle. How long did it take for you to receive it? I have an order in since end of September and still haven't received the "don't bother us, it's in the mail" email.
View Quote

Another person on the CMP forum just got the email from a September order, and his card was charged very shortly after that.
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 12:41:55 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 11:53:42 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

My other ones took 2-3 weeks, but this one took almost 2 months. Dont know why.
View Quote

They have been busy as hell. The South Store has been selling ammo like it is going out of business. Folks have been in line 1.5hr before opening for rifles and ammo.
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 10:17:54 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

Thank you. It's my first time ordering from CMP. After reading the forum over there, they said your first order could take longer to vet your application and supporting documents.

Link Posted: 11/22/2020 8:42:06 PM EDT
[#38]
Beautiful rifle. I need to visit the CMP store one of these days
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 11:48:31 PM EDT
[#39]
Beautiful. Ordering a wra field grade tomorrow!
Link Posted: 12/16/2020 10:04:40 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

They have been busy as hell. The South Store has been selling ammo like it is going out of business. Folks have been in line 1.5hr before opening for rifles and ammo.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Like they say:

"Where there's a Garand 'pingin,' ' freedom's ringin'!"

Link Posted: 12/16/2020 11:01:29 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 12/16/2020 1:03:09 PM EDT
[#42]
My card got charged on the 6th and I haven't heard a peep since...
Link Posted: 12/16/2020 1:46:36 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Did your card get charged yet?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sent my order on the third, we should get them close together.

Did your card get charged yet?

Nope. I'm estimating another week or two before any progress. The timeline thread on the CMP forum, guys are getting confirmation emails for orders in mid to late October.
Link Posted: 12/16/2020 3:49:03 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 12/16/2020 4:53:16 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
My card got charged on the 6th and I haven't heard a peep since...
View Quote

They charged my card on 12/2, for an order they received on 10/1 for a service grade.  Just got the text from fedex that something was coming my way.  No email from CMP so I went to check the estore and saw status was changed to shipped.  Looks like mine is a Springfield 2.7 mil serial number.  Fedex scheduled delivery says it should be here tomorrow.  
Link Posted: 12/16/2020 4:57:16 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

They charged my card on 12/2, for an order they received on 10/1 for a service grade.  Just got the text from fedex that something was coming my way.  No email from CMP so I went to check the estore and saw status was changed to shipped.  Looks like mine is a Springfield 2.7 mil serial number.  Fedex scheduled delivery says it should be here tomorrow.  
View Quote

Congrats!  I'm not too worried about it, just hoping that it gets here before Christmas or the New Year lol.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top