Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/16/2017 8:26:37 PM EDT
I have been playing with thisM 14s China for a while

Wanted a wood stock.

I found a new Boyd M1a walnut stock in a pawn shop.
Brand damn new with metal.

Beautiful.
It might have had a receiver in it for a short time but it is pristine.

75 out the door

The China gun fits in the stock fine but I cannot close the trigger guard.

The right side of the stock opening has a step down that looks like it need to be increased in length by about two inches. The china stock is flat.

Has any one done this before or have any advice.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 1:50:49 PM EDT
[#1]
How close to closing does the TG come?  If it is within a 1/2" or so, it can be forced closed usually without a problem.  If it is a larger gap, you need to remove a little wood from the pad area behind the trigger.  The operative word here is a "little".  A little goes a long way.  It should take some force to close.
As for the step on the inside of the stock.  That step/cut is for the longer connector lock pin that USGI guns have.  The Chinese connector lock pin is shorter, and unless the gap is filled, it will walk out and cause problems.
You can fix it one of two ways.  Glue/epoxy a piece of a popsicle stick inside the cut, next to where the pin is.  Or, after coating the pin and receiver with release agent, dab some epoxy into the stock and on the receive, and put them together till the epoxy sets up.  

Link Posted: 4/17/2017 3:05:30 PM EDT
[#2]

It will not close even one little bit.

This picture shows the first problem.

Maybe the only problem.

It sits flat on the left side but I would have to remove some wood to make it sit flat on the right side.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top