Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/30/2015 7:19:35 PM EDT
Hello,

I'm heading up to Port Clinton next week to pick up an M1 Garand. I have joined the Garand Collectors Association and have a copy of my birth certificate. I however do not have a certificate from any type of Marksmanship activity. I downloaded the PDF from their website and took it to a local range where the RSO initialed in all the sections and signed off on it for me after I fired 50 rounds. Is this considered acceptable to fulfill that requirement with just the RSO's initials and signature? I just want to make sure before I make the drive up there.

Thank you,

Nick

Link to the PDF: http://thecmp.org/wp-content/uploads/marksmanship.pdf
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 7:25:27 PM EDT
[#1]
It may be enough, but the sure way to find out is to call the CMP.

There are also good answers to be had at the CMP forum. CMP folks respond to questions all the time there.

Good luck with your purchase, it will lead to more.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 2:16:44 PM EDT
[#2]
It worked for me at a local indoor range.

ETA - I went to the South Store for my purchase.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 2:18:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Not sure what you are shopping for with respect to M1 Garands but the North Store is pretty much all M1C and M1D snipers and the CMP Special (rebuilt M1 from parts w/ new barrel + new wood).  No SG, FG or RG in stock.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 4:43:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Thank you guys, I called while I was at work today and they said that what I have is fine. I asked him about what they had in stock and he listed exactly what you said except only .308 specials are in stock. I was also told they were expecting a shipment, I may try to make it up there for that if summer semester hasn't started.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 7:40:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Either wait to go to the North Store until the matches this summer or mail order.Personally I would place a mail order for a Service Grade. The selection at the stores has been nothing but dissapointing in the last few years
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top