Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/17/2015 10:51:15 PM EDT
I found this site on the M1 Garand it has some good information and the best free copy of the M1 field manual (FM 23-5).

The gentleman who ownes the site, in his own words "I worked diligently to reproduce the original type style and layout, including the cover, 26 photos (modeling the poses myself), 10 drawings and two data tables. Assembling the contents, I also took great pains to place specific paragraphs, tables and photos in their original places on the original page numbers. This is not just a photocopy like you get now from The U.S. Government Printing Office, it is a double-sided printed replica of the original manual (I was a professional technical writer for 12 years -- The USGPO would be proud of this manual!)"

My M1 Speaks for Me

(The gentleman who ownes the site, in his own words: "I've retired, so the manual PDF is now free for downloading here. I no longer offer a printed version -- take your PDF to a local copy/print shop!")

M1 field manual (FM 23-5) link

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 2:58:59 AM EDT
[#1]
An excellent resource, and a very generous way for him to "bow out".

Thanks!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top