Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/27/2014 2:59:37 AM EDT
I know I sure as hell ain't the only one here.

I have a CMP M1D with USGI M84 scope and mount. I need to get more time behind the trigger but it's sighted for 100 yards.
Have you found the elevation notches are accurate with M2 Ball ammo? The las time I took a few pot shots at a 300 yard gong I had to hold Kentucky Wondage low right to hit high left. Next go around I'll adjust it against a shoot n see so I can dial it well.

Pictureless threads suck:
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 9:10:58 AM EDT
[#1]
I have one from the DCM lottery in about 1994.  For $650, it came with a complete kit - mount, scope, cheek pad, flash hider, etc.  It has never been fired since I got it, my only safe queen.

The need to hold low right sounds like it could be due to the offset scope which is zeroed at 100 yards, at least the need to hold off to the right part does.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 12:26:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Beautiful! I love m1d's and hope to own one some day.

Hopefully the owner of This beauty will drop in with some more pics and range report
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 1:29:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Beautiful! I love m1d's and hope to own one some day.

Hopefully the owner of This beauty will drop in with some more pics and range report
View Quote

yeah no shit! I couldn't buy one of the CMP untouched rifles because A.) too fucking expensive for my broke ass, and B.) I'd be shooting the fucker, thus eating away at it's value.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 6:51:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Got a $1100 ? lottery D in 1999, received a nice RIA rebuild. Good timing as I had a pocket full of Per Diem $ from Clinton's " Wagging the Dog " in Kosovo.

Picked up a RG D from the CMP and stuck my stash of good D stuff on it, scope and D buttstock. Was Greek blue.

I've owned repros too, Generaly they aren't " Target " rifles when it comes to accuracy but are fun to shoot.
RG D

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top