Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/6/2013 2:20:12 PM EDT
Hi,
I bought a brand new condition used Springfield M1A standard two days ago and paid $1590 for it at my local GS. I have been looking to figure out what I have and if it was as good of a price as I thought it was. What I have found from my limited research is that I have an older "golden age" rifle built by Melvin Smith
with USGI parts including a Winchester barrel and factory bayonet lugged flash hider. My rifle is in the 059xxx serial range and according to the articles I am finding these are considered the most collectible M1A's Springfield made. Anyone have any idea how accurate this information is and if this was in fact a good price with original box, two 20 rnd magazines,an extra fiberglass stock and 80's style GI M16 sling?
I have owned one other M1A loaded that I bought in the early 2000's and gave $1200 for it new so with prices now being what they are I am just curious how I came out on this one.
Link Posted: 2/6/2013 2:26:00 PM EDT
[#1]
You did good!  
Link Posted: 2/6/2013 3:03:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Figure I would add some pics.

Link Posted: 2/15/2013 11:07:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 6:12:14 PM EDT
[#4]
The rear scope mount doesn't appear to be a stripper clip guide.  I thought the Springfield mounts matched the receivers better.  Not sure if others made a similar mount.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 4:36:11 AM EDT
[#5]
The scope mount came with it when I purchased it. It is a Springfield made mount though. I took it off but I need to buy a stripper clip guide so I can replace the one that was removed.
How hard is it to remove the roll pin from the scope mount base?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top