Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/6/2012 8:03:34 PM EDT
Can someone point me in the right direction on how to sight a m14 in.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 2/6/2012 11:25:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Mechanically zero the rear sight by centering the windage and raising up the rear sight 10 clicks, this should get you on paper at 25 yards. Shoot a 3 round group at preferably 25 yards. Once you know where on target you are, adjust your rear sight until you have the zero you want. Moving the rear sight will move the point of impact in the same direction. So if you're shooting low, move the rear sight up.
Link Posted: 2/6/2012 11:26:35 PM EDT
[#2]
If the group is left, move the rear sight right.  If the group is right, move the rear sight left.

You're not moving the point of impact, you're aligning the sights with the point of impact.
Link Posted: 2/7/2012 4:39:20 AM EDT
[#3]
After I found my windage zero at 100 yds, I would lower the elevation to the bottom. If it shot "high" I would file the front sight down to get  poa @ 100 yds. This meant  I could go 3 up for 200, 3 more for 300,4 more for 400.7 more for 600.
Link Posted: 2/8/2012 11:29:30 AM EDT
[#4]
I always adjust the front sight so my rear is zero is zero and not "X" clicks right or left. Also file the front sight down so I am 8 clicks up for a 200 yard zero. This is using the match ammo I plan on shooting with.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top