Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/2/2012 5:24:05 PM EDT
I'm trying to find some good mags for my fathers M1A. How do these compare to CMI mags? Worth buying or should he just stick to buying CMI?

Wideners
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 1:11:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Buy the CMI magazines.  Otherwise, your dad may have poor reliability with the magazines.  I have two Korean magazines.  One works reliability, one does not.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:12:22 AM EDT
[#2]
The M14 magazine guru has spoken

You can't beat the CMI magazines unless you get the old original USGI ones and get history with them.  Even then they're comparable.  

All the other aftermarket mags tout milspec or dance around being milspec.  Only the CMI magazine is actually current USGI milspec.   Lots of junk M14 magazines.  The runner up would probably be the Taiwanese Type 57 magazines.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 4:49:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the help guys.
Link Posted: 2/14/2012 8:09:40 AM EDT
[#4]
I have been looking for a thread like this!

I have found good info in the past about AR and AK mags but there doesnt seem to be a whole lot about M1A mags.

There is a far cry difference in mags from $10 -$15 at say CDNN and $35 -$40 at say 44mag

So CMI is top of the line? I will look at those.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 1:28:51 PM EDT
[#5]
At this point in time CMI.
Making a good mag must be art or rocket science.
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 8:52:38 AM EDT
[#6]
CMI is my go to for New mag purchases.... here they are $26 / Mag and free shipping.http://www.44mag.com/product/m1a_m14_magazine_20_usgi/check-mate_industries
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 12:25:12 PM EDT
[#7]
If the mags are not GI or CMI do not buy them you will just be wasting your money and time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top