Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/9/2011 5:32:47 AM EDT
I haven't been there in over a year. Getting ready to make a trip down there in the next week or two.

Has anybody been there recently? If so, how are the Winchesters looking?

TIA!
Link Posted: 3/9/2011 1:14:33 PM EDT
[#1]
There has to be some South Store shoppers out there somewhere.
Link Posted: 3/9/2011 1:18:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I was there in September, and it was great al around!!!!
Link Posted: 3/9/2011 2:22:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I was there last Thursday. There were a few "gems" in the rack/field grade, mainly barrel wear and so-so wood. Anything with a Winnie barrel is shot-out and measures +5 on the muzzle.

You should be able to find something you like, be sure to look at everyone of them!
Link Posted: 3/9/2011 3:56:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I was there last Thursday. There were a few "gems" in the rack/field grade, mainly barrel wear and so-so wood. Anything with a Winnie barrel is shot-out and measures +5 on the muzzle.

You should be able to find something you like, be sure to look at everyone of them!

Thanks!

I never leave the South Store without something and I'm always happy with what I buy.
Link Posted: 3/9/2011 4:03:21 PM EDT
[#5]
I gotta go down there again some time; I have the itching to get another Garand, maybe a Springfield and some barrels.
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 1:38:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Check the CMP forums.  For the South STore, it is common for there to be a store update on a daily basis from someone who went there.  It is rare that 2-3 days go by without an update.

I was there in September, and picked up an HRA Service Grade, and it shoots like a dream.  I also SHOULD have picked up a SA SG that I had my hands on, but I was already set on the HRA, and I failed the basic "get both" axiom.

If you are not looking for historic significance, the HRA SGs are great.  I wanted HRA specifically because that is what my Dad remembers having in ROTC.

Good luck,
-shooter
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 5:01:45 AM EDT
[#7]
The Winchesters are dissapointing , most of them have new commercial stocks with NOS USGI barrels installed by CMP armorers.
http://forums.thecmp.org/forumdisplay.php?f=74
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 6:14:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The Winchesters are dissapointing , most of them have new commercial stocks with NOS USGI barrels installed by CMP armorers.
http://forums.thecmp.org/forumdisplay.php?f=74

Thanks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top