Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/13/2010 8:41:28 AM EDT
I don't see much info but I'm asking due to the 'special flash suppressor/muzzle brake' on the Socoms.

Can I drop a standard 18-22" barrel on this thing if I wanted to?
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 11:15:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes, but you obviously wont be able to retain the stock muzzle brake.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 10:14:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Way easier to sell it or trade it to get what you want.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 6:41:30 PM EDT
[#3]
If you really want a different barrel length, trade that rifle for the one you want.  Any standard barrel will fit, but you may need an original gas cylinder setup and flash hider assembly.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 9:08:54 PM EDT
[#4]
I would take the SOCOM 16 into a gun shop and say "I want to trade this in for a new standard M1A" and that would be that. new SOCOM 16 $1800, new standard $1600. I figure your SOCOM is used so take that for what it's worth.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 8:59:41 AM EDT
[#5]
My SOCOM II was part of a bigger trade that included getting rid of a Super Match - I didn't think I'd like to 16" barrel, but I've come to love the damn thing.  That said, I had planned on just trading for a full-size one instead of going to the trouble of modifying theone I had.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top