Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/4/2010 3:39:48 PM EDT
Is anyone running a Tru-Glo red dot on a M1A? Will it take the punishment of the 308?
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 5:32:34 PM EDT
[#1]
JMO Dont put a $50.00 optic on a $1500.00 rifle.  Save your money and get an Aimpoint or EO Tech.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 4:51:17 AM EDT
[#2]
There was an article in Gun World where Jan Libourel used one on top of a semi-auto shotgun and said he had no trouble at all.

My personal opinion though, is that you'd be throwing money away.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 10:54:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
There was an article in Gun World where Jan Libourel used one on top of a semi-auto shotgun and said he had no trouble at all.

Well if a gun writer said so it must be true  He was'nt by chance doing a write up for Tru- Glo was he?
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 2:44:31 PM EDT
[#4]
get the $30 one, shoot it a bunch and see, if it doesnt hold zero or breaks get a refund, or just accept the risk.  i used one on an AR for a while, worked fine but i ended up returning it because arfcoms convinced me if its not aimpoint/eotech then its bound to fail
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 4:26:22 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well if a gun writer said so it must be true He was'nt by chance doing a write up for Tru- Glo was he?

Did you miss the part where I said he'd be throwing money away?
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 6:50:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Well if a gun writer said so it must be true He was'nt by chance doing a write up for Tru- Glo was he?

Did you miss the part where I said he'd be throwing money away?

No, i did not miss that part.  I guess you did not detect the sarcasim in my response.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 8:22:47 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a Truglo (TG8040DC) 40mm on my 870 super mag Turkey shotgun. So far (only one year) I have not had a problem with the Turglo and that is shooting 3 1/2 with a 2 oz load (more recoil than a .458 win mag). I have no experience with the Truglo other than on my shotgun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top