Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/10/2010 12:48:18 PM EDT
I am interested in ordering an M1 carbine through the CMP. I was told that since I am LEO that is sufficient to show them that I am involved in "shooting sports" and I don't have to join an organization or club. Could someone please tell me if this is the case?? Thanks in advance for any information.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 12:57:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Check here http://www.thecmp.org/eligibility.htm   It states Law Enforcement organizations and associations.  When I ordered my first Garand from them I just joined the Garand Collectors Association.  Its only $25 per year and they send you GCA magazines 4 times per year that are really interesting.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 12:59:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I am interested in ordering an M1 carbine through the CMP. I was told that since I am LEO that is sufficient to show them that I am involved in "shooting sports" and I don't have to join an organization or club. Could someone please tell me if this is the case?? Thanks in advance for any information.

That is a big 10-4 just sent them my I.D. no problems
NYCPD NEVER FORGET 911
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 1:10:03 PM EDT
[#3]
My reading of the eligibility requirements on the CMP website is that law enforcement counts toward shooting activity, and FOP membership would count as an affiliated organization. I'd check with them directly before you sent the paperwork, just to avoid getting pushed to the back of the carbine list if there's an issue.

Don't waste any time if you want a carbine though. I was at the CMP North Store last weekend, and there were nice carbines still on the racks, but there were more rough ones than nice ones. After my visit there's one fewer carbine at the store!
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 1:24:01 PM EDT
[#4]
LE creds count for ALL the eligibility requirements.
Link Posted: 3/11/2010 3:27:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
My reading of the eligibility requirements on the CMP website is that law enforcement counts toward shooting activity, and FOP membership would count as an affiliated organization. I'd check with them directly before you sent the paperwork, just to avoid getting pushed to the back of the carbine list if there's an issue.

Don't waste any time if you want a carbine though. I was at the CMP North Store last weekend, and there were nice carbines still on the racks, but there were more rough ones than nice ones. After my visit there's one fewer carbine at the store!

I ordered and received 2 Service Grades in the last 1.5 months.   A Bavarian Rural Police (Inland) and a Saginaw S'G' (Grand Rapids).  Both are the two best rifles I've ever gotten from the CMP.  My first service grade Carbine (a National Postal Meter) looked like a racker when I got it last year.  I personally think they save the best for last...

FYI, HURRY UP and get that order in.  These things are nearly gone.  I'm thinking about ordering a Winchester, but, my wife is going to kill me!!  I have a ton of ammo on order, like $1200, that I haven't told her about....  heh heh...  It's an investment, right?

Link Posted: 3/11/2010 3:52:15 AM EDT
[#6]
My wife thinks I am nuts for having so many guns.  She does not know about the ammo I have ordered also.

Anyone know when CMP will be shipping ammo that we have ordered?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top