Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/18/2009 3:55:35 PM EDT
I bought my Scout Squad used and it was duracoated. I didnt like the duracoat so much, so i decided to strip it off. Stripping it sucked bad and under the duracoat was bare metal. So then against my better judgement I decided to give gander mountain a shot at parkerizing it.......terrible idea!  I picked up the rifle today and wasnt so happy.  The flash hider is on wrong, its upside down at the 5 O'clock position. The roll pin for my gas valve is got a huge chunk out of it.  I was ok with this, so far. I had already planned on getting castle nut pliers. so the flash hider would be fine and I dont care so much about the roll pin (its mostly cosmetic) then I get home and start putting things back together and find that my handguard cap thing is installed upside down! I called the store and bitched, I was pissed! On Sunday I am dropping the rifle and peices off for them to ship back to the smith to fix. the manager said that he will refund part of my money and that they will get it taken care of. Not sure that I am ok with that, but oh well.  So I got everything assembled as much as I can for now. The only thing I am having issues with is the trigger assembly.  I still have it all in peices and would like to put it back together before it goes to the store. So does anybody have any links or info that would show me how it goes back together or even an exploded veiw of it would work. In unrelated news.......today is still a good day in my books! I got a Rem 700PSS w/ leupold scope  thanks for any help guys
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 4:15:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Uhhhhhh........So we learned today not to trust Gander Mountain gunsmith's?
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 4:40:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Dude taking it their was a mistake in the first place.  I wouldn't let those shit heads work on the simplest of guns much less my m14
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 5:10:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah.....this sucks.

Here's a link from CMP on the Garand Trigger group.  Should be about the same:
trigger

This is a video on a trigger group:
Video

Link Posted: 12/18/2009 5:48:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Just send it to Springfield Armory and have it done right.

TM 9-1005-223-20 3will have  the info you seek
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 5:50:27 PM EDT
[#5]
the video worked! thanks guys and yes........definately dont let Gander touch your guns!
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 7:33:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Once you take anything to a place to get fixed, and they mess up, DO NOT take it back to them to "fix" it. If they didnt know how the first time, what makes you think they will do better the next time?  Try to get your money back and go somewere else. If you dont get your money back file a complaint with BBB at a minimum.
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 5:35:16 AM EDT
[#7]
I took the rifle to phase 5 supply here in town, and they made things right. So today Im taking the rifle and the pictures of the damage that the gander gunsmiths did to the manager at gander to discuss them paying me back something to atleast cover the gunsmithing charges that i paid to fix their mistake. If that doesnt work then like you said I'll file a complaint with the BBB
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 8:31:06 AM EDT
[#8]
The BBB probably has an entire staff devoted to Gander mountain gunsmithing complaints
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top