Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/4/2009 12:52:14 AM EDT
I was curious about the effects on accuracy with different muzzle brakes on my M1A.

All shots were with Fed 168gr Match at 100 yards.  About 10 minute break between each test.  Shooting off a bench with bi-pod at 6" shoot-n-c's.

My M1A.

Built by Ted Brown.
JAE gen1 stock
Krieger SS heavy barrel 1-11 twist
Springfield USGI op rod
HRT bolt
HR trigger group with ~ 4.5 pull
SEI California Compensator  
USGI gas cylinder
Sadlak spring guide
Sadlak TiN gas piston
Leupold Mark 4 M3 3.5-10x40

Frist shots with CA legal Springfield brake.  Rife had been zeroed with a SEI California Compensator.

Second group of shots were with the SEI California Compensator.
This is the first time shooting Fed 168 Match with the SEI Comp and the worst group this rifle has shot.

I've shoot really good groups with my reloads. I will try the Fed 168 match and SEI comp again to see if I get the same results.

Last test was with no muzzle brake.   Rounds way high and to the right with poor accuracy.  

Last pic is with the CA legal Springfield brake after zeroing.

Just thought I would share my simple test with everyone.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 4:54:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for the review. Looks like the sa brake is the winner and choice for me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top