Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/1/2009 1:56:18 PM EDT
Picked up a new boom stick today, 2002 ? built Springfield NM model with a TRW chrome lined barrel. rifle had 10 rounds put through it by the first owner, the 2nd owner never fired it, but did some work on it, added a flash hider with a bayonet lug and shimmed the gas cylinder

the rifle came with 4 mags ( 3 Taiwan mags, one USGI )  and a multi tool in the original packaging

100 yards, bench rest, the target on the left is 42.0Gr of Varget and a 168 Gr sierra match king, 2 sets of 2 shots,

the target on the right is a 165 Grain sierra game king, 42.0Gr varget, 3 shot group

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 2:32:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Good looking M1A. Mine goes with me to the range now all the time.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 3:00:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Try some Amax 168gr. My rifle opens up some like yours with the sierra's also. Amax does way better for me.

BTW she is beautiful...
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 4:20:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Try some Amax 168gr. My rifle opens up some like yours with the sierra's also. Amax does way better for me.

BTW she is beautiful...

wow, you call that "opening up?!?!?"  
my blind ass shooting this rifle for the first time... hunting loads 1" apart at 100 yards... i didnt think it got any better than that !

ill take your advice and try some of those Amax bullets this winter. i just ordered 500 SMKS though.

thanks for the compliments, i just wish i could take better pics
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 3:34:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Beautiful !!! I'll trade you a nice Ruger 10/22 for it..........................
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top