Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2009 1:44:39 PM EDT
I put my paper work in the mail yesterday for a Service Grade M1. I was just wondering how long it takes to receive the rifle (website site says 90-180 days) ? What kind of condition should I expect? Any help would be appreciated .
Thanks
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 1:47:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Read the information that is on the CMP website. It will give a description of the grade of each rifle. Most of the time the rifles are in better condition that what is stated. You wont be disappointed either way.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 2:01:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Read the information that is on the CMP website. It will give a description of the grade of each rifle. Most of the time the rifles are in better condition that what is stated. You wont be disappointed either way.

+1 - That said, I spent a little extra to get a Service Grade instead of a Rack Grade and have no regrets.  FWIW, I wanted a "shooter" so I got a late production Springfield.

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 2:19:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Be prepared to receive a rifle that meets the minimum Service Grade requirements, and be pleasantly surprised when it's better than you expected.  Even if it's not, a CMP Service Grade Garand is a whole lotta bang for your buck.  
P.S.  Order lots of ammo, too!!!
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 3:16:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Man enjoy it when it comes in,, I finally got the bug this year and got one and wish I had doen this years ago, what a nice shooting rifle.. And get 10 cans on ammo on order now,,,, thats all you canget every year and they are going fast...
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 4:59:00 PM EDT
[#5]
how long were your waits? i ordered 3 cans, guess i'll have to get some more
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 5:49:19 PM EDT
[#6]
I mailed off my order for a SA service grade exactly a month ago and havent heard anything yet. I believe they will send an email once they get your order into the system
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 7:40:11 PM EDT
[#7]
My SA service grade took 5 months from when they received the paperwork. Well worth the wait.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 9:32:07 PM EDT
[#8]
I live in Ohio and I go up to the North store and usually the quality is good on the service grades. Plan on getting a SA in the 5mil range that is what has been in the racks at the store lately.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 2:52:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I live in Ohio and I go up to the North store and usually the quality is good on the service grades. Plan on getting a SA in the 5mil range that is what has been in the racks at the store lately.

There hasnt beed Service Grades in stock in the Stores for saome time. Service Grades are now mail order only
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 3:12:38 AM EDT
[#10]
My last M1 took 4.5 months from date of order to my door.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 6:40:56 PM EDT
[#11]
The last SG I got was a FG at best. Grading is more strict now and you'll likely get something the does STRICTLY meet SG requirements.  Descriptions from the CMP website have been changed in the last 8 years to lower the standards for grades. You are also more likely to receive some parts or a stock that are not USGI.  They are trying to meet the demand, but are lowering their standards to do so.

I don't say this lightly, I have been buying from CMP for 10 years and spent thousands of dollars.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 9:41:17 AM EDT
[#12]
I ordered my HRA Service Grade on 07-15-09. I received a confirmation via e-mail on 07-22-09. On 09-17-09 I received confirmation (phone call and e-mail) that my order had been processed and a Fed Ex tracking # that my ammo would arrive on 09-21-09 and that the rifle would ship/be delivered sometime around 09-29-09. Wait time for me will be about 2 1/2 months. Way shorter than the web site said (120 days).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top