Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/30/2009 1:42:04 PM EDT
Just a quick question for anyone who has a JAE 100-G2 with the Barrel Tension. How much could the tension system affect round impact? I took out my M1A a few days ago and the rounds were about 18in high at 100yrds. I noticed that the tension system was up about 1/4in, would this be enough to cause that?

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/30/2009 4:15:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Did you have it zero'd in before at all?
It's possible the zero from your old stock is different from the new stock.
Is the receiver full seated in the stock....does it seem straight....does the tensioner give the barrel any upward tilt?  
Does the poi change with the tensioner being changed?
18" High seems like a great deal.
Can you even adjust the sights down enough for a zero?
Did it zero out in any other stock?

Link Posted: 7/30/2009 4:43:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Let me answer your questions,

Yes I had it Zeroed before, however that was with the orignal stock and a different scope, this is a whole new setup.

The reciever seams to be seated all the way, as far as the tensioner I think I played with it to much when installing the stock and I moved the tensioner up (probably more than I should have), I now have it returned to the down position.

I was basiclly trying to see if anyone thought that this could be the problem. I don't think that the scope is the issue, it is a Leupold Mark 4 2.5-8X.

To answer your final question, the scope is at it's full down position and would not adjust down any more (is this normal with Leupold?) sorry another question.

thanks again
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 5:50:26 AM EDT
[#3]
sorry I can't help you because i haven't ordered my stock yet.  I'm debating on wether the barrel tensioner will benefit me and how to know when it needs adjustment?  can you or some explain what i would get out of the tensioner, I understand how it works but how to know when it needs adjustment??
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 7:44:30 AM EDT
[#4]
It can move the POI a lot.

Start with the tensioner "off".Then check the torque on the action screws.Establish a zero and shoot a few groups before adjusting the tensioner.

Thanks for watching.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 6:17:51 PM EDT
[#5]
so would you use it to adjust for different weight  bullets instead of changing your scope zero?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top