Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/16/2009 3:30:47 PM EDT
The CMP has M1 Garand scout mount.  These replace the stock above the barrel and appear to mount using set screws in I think a rigid but non-permanent manner.  This looks like one of the coolest ideas ever - I use my M1 for both CMP shoots and for deer hunting.  It's a pretty iffy deer gun with those iron sights - they just don't work in the poor lighting of the opening and closing hours.  

This sounds too good to be true.  Is it?  

Does it work well?

Does it hold zero after you take it off and put it back on?  Is it a reasonable effort to swap back and forth?  (I'd like to be able to shoot Garand matches during the summer, and then take that same rifle hunting in the fall - and back and forth).

Any modifications or noteworthy marring issues?

And most important of all - post your pics!   No doubt this has been discussed once before - a search didn't turn up anything, so please direct me to the appropriate thread if I missed it.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 3:37:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I like'm!

I do not remove the handguard/mount.  I do take the scope off now and then and between the mount and the scope rings I use it has always returned to zero.  Warne QD rings.  The scope is a cheap pistol scope (have to use a long eye relief scope when mounted way out on the barrel like that).

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top