Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/15/2009 1:52:00 PM EDT

When did the Chinese run out of parts and stop building M14s?

Is there any chance that they will build them again for the Canadian market?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 2:19:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't think they ran out of parts. I know Clinton signed a bill (executive order?) that stopped the importation of Chinese-made firearms.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:16:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Thanks!

AFAIK they still do.

http://www.marstar.ca/gf-norinco/M-14S-acc.shtm
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:42:58 AM EDT
[#3]
I remember Different posting something about how they were all gone and that no more would be produced, but I can't find the post...
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 7:44:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks!

AFAIK they still do.

http://www.marstar.ca/gf-norinco/M-14S-acc.shtm

My understanding was most of the Canadian Import guns from 94 and on, were guns already built for U.S import.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 8:18:34 AM EDT
[#5]
IIRC, the first Chinese M-14's were supplied to Phillipine Moro terrorists since the Phillipine Army was using M-14's. Made ammo supply easier.

Would have more sense to supply them with clone M-1 Carbines.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 12:14:08 PM EDT
[#6]
H20...

Your on Gun nutz right?... Moving Target put up pictures the other day of supposed M14s coming in from China with synthetic stocks this time.

Dunno how true it is as John at Marstar has confirmed that the factories assembling the parts for his runs "dont even have the lights on" anymore... So we will see if this new shipment of synthetics comes in.. Who knows...

As for the Clinton Ban, we arent affected up here in Canada, the M14s (M305s) we get can be bought for 400-500 bucks, but they usually need some tuning and a new stock..... They are good project guns...
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 12:22:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
H20...

Your on Gun nutz right?... Moving Target put up pictures the other day of supposed M14s coming in from China with synthetic stocks this time.

Dunno how true it is as John at Marstar has confirmed that the factories assembling the parts for his runs "dont even have the lights on" anymore... So we will see if this new shipment of synthetics comes in.. Who knows...

Yes, and I understand the factory has been closed for some time now.

I read about these new ChiCom rifles on Nutz, but don't about their quality or who makes them.
Keep us posted!

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 12:38:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
My understanding was most of the Canadian Import guns from 94 and on, were guns already built for U.S import.

I've seen guys with these M305's with dates on 'em as recent as 2008...

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 1:54:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who ever thought I would be envious of Canada?
Do you also get to shoot cheap Norinco ammo? All we get is Chicom clones of US shotguns.

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 2:38:50 PM EDT
[#10]
I think there was some Norinco ammo floating around up here, but that would have been before I had gotten into the game.... Sometimes there is South African, and I know some guys that got some German stuff, but for the most part its 7.62x39 for surplus.

Id be interested in some 30-06 surplus for my Garand and .308 for the M305s, but I dunno when that stuff will be coming around.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 5:54:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

What is exactly dated on them?

Rumors I have heard was that the Chinese were stacked asshole deep in M14's waiting to import to the USA when Clinton shut the Chinese Imports down in 1994. Because of this, the Chinese have not made any new stock rifles and been selling what was destine for the USA in 1994, to Canada and Europe for the last 15 years. Of course it is still all rumors.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top