Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/28/2009 6:50:01 AM EDT
Whats a decent price on an Armscorp M14 rifle?  It's in mint shape overall with nice wood and metal.  I was just trying to get an approximate value so that I know what to offer the owner of the rifle I want to buy.  I want to offer a fair price as he doesn't know how much to ask for it.  Any input would be greatly appreicated.

Tks,
Jayr
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 10:05:34 AM EDT
[#1]
In my opinion, they are still just a $700-900 rifle. Gunbroker shows the current craze is willing to pay $1300-1000 depending on how many USGI parts have been installed.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 12:04:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
In my opinion, they are still just a $700-900 rifle. Gunbroker shows the current craze is willing to pay $1300-1000 depending on how many USGI parts have been installed.

That is crazy! Maybe a China rifle! They (Armscorp) are worth as much as any other M1A!! It all depends on the quality of parts and who built it. There are Armscorp rifles out there that are better rifles than LRB rifles!!

EDIT, To add, Some China made rifles built by our top smiths are superior to any American made rifle!

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 2:05:38 PM EDT
[#3]
My Armscorp M14 is built with all USGI parts (almost all TRW).  It's prepped for service rifle competition (NM sights, unitized gas cylinder, Sako Defense medium weight barrel, NM trigger job, glass bedded stock).  With good ammo will shoot 1 MOA.  It'll outshoot just about anything coming out of SAI these days.  I can't tell you what it's worth because I'm wouldn't sell it for any reasonable amount of money.

For reference, my father recently purchased an Armscorp M14 NM from the EE.  He paid $1600 shipped.  It too is built with all USGI parts (all HRA in his case).  We took it out and got it sighted in and it's a tack driver.

Matt
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 5:42:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Some guy just brought an Armscorp M14 to my friend's store (FFL) to sell consignment.  It is ugly––finish is worn out, some parts are almost totally in the white with little rust, the wood is crappy, etc.  Guess what he wants out of it?  $1800.  That's crazy.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 5:49:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Some guy just brought an Armscorp M14 to my friend's store (FFL) to sell consignment.  It is ugly––finish is worn out, some parts are almost totally in the white with little rust, the wood is crappy, etc.  Guess what he wants out of it?  $1800.  That's crazy.

Could be well worth it, could have all TRW or Winchester parts wiith zero wear. Just because the finish is gone this does not show round count! If it is a M1A built by a good company or gunsmith it could be worth 2-3 times that!!

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 6:00:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Could be well worth it, could have all TRW or Winchester parts wiith zero wear. Just because the finish is gone this does not show round count! If it is a M1A built by a good company or gunsmith it could be worth 2-3 times that!!

It's not.  The thing barely wants to go into battery the bolt is so corroded.

ETA: The receiver and barrel look nice.  That's it.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 10:55:28 PM EDT
[#7]
I like Armscorp, and owned a nice one for awhile. One thing I noticed trying to sell it, is alot of folks just dont know about them, and it can be hard to sell for as much as say a m1a with the same parts on it. There are more Armscorp rifles out there today than back when I sold mine, so this may not be the case today.

The value of the rifle you are considering would depend alot on the parts it is built with, condition of parts, and how it was built.

With the current state of pricing, I would say make a offer that you are comfertable paying. Youve seen the rifle, if your willing to pay $1200, that may be a good place to start if it is gi parts.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:06:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I doubt a beat up Armscorp would ever be worth $5400.  Even the Fulton M14s built on Armscorp receivers.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top