Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/28/2009 6:35:33 AM EDT
I ask for advice to people that is more experienced with this gun than me...
I recently bought a Springfield Armory National Match M1A;the action is bedded and it seems to be very tight.
I have difficulties to extract magazine from the rifle.You could think that this is a problem caused by out-of spec magazines,but I've noticed that there is a sensible difference in the force necessary to apply according to bolt's positiont;some magazines that are REALLY hard to extract when the bolt is locked back,are much easier to operate if the bolt is closed.Could be this problem related to the stiffness of the action (the gus has fired 60 rounds so far)?
Greetings from Italy!
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 6:37:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Hmmmmmm....  Are you rocking them?
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 6:54:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes,I' m rocking them.The problem is that if I try to extract the magazine with the bolt open,is very difficult to disengage the front part of the magazine,that seems to be locked in the gun ..with the bolt closed  the operation is much smoother.I can feel the difference also inserting the magazine,but to a lesser degree.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top