Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/24/2002 10:21:37 PM EDT
Well I'm the proud owner of a "NEW" springfield M1A Scout! My next step is to purchase some 20 round USGI mags. How do I know what im paying for by looking at the mag? one online retailer say they are marked brw s-1 (on the bag?) What is a typical price? I can get them for 51.00 a pop!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Blueovalfan
Link Posted: 9/25/2002 4:28:20 AM EDT
[#1]
U.S.G.I. mags will be steel with dark grey to near black parkerizing. The back near the bottom will be in nearly all examples stamped with Mfg's. markings. Some are OM, W, UHC, BRW and a few others that I can't recall right now. www.fultonarmory.com has some info in the M-14 FAQ's. Coles distributing is said to have the best price for U.S.G.I. M-14 mags. Something like $36.00 ea. for like new.
Link Posted: 9/25/2002 6:02:58 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Well I'm the proud owner of a "NEW" springfield M1A Scout! My next step is to purchase some 20 round USGI mags. How do I know what im paying for by looking at the mag? one online retailer say they are marked brw s-1 (on the bag?) What is a typical price? I can get them for 51.00 a pop!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Blueovalfan

$51 is a bit high.  definetly go with coles www.coledistributing.com/  Get the like new because they look new in every aspect.  Appear to be found in bulk boxes so he doesnt want to mislead anyone and say new out of wrap. Best deal out there.  Cruise the EE boards and sometimes NIW pop up for around 70 for the 2 packs of NIW.  ITs a long shot but it has happened  Just buy like 5 or 10 from coles and you will be set for as long as the rifle will shoot.  These probably will not wear out.  
Link Posted: 9/25/2002 6:25:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Blue, here is another vote for Cole's - great service and great product.  KTM (Killeen Tool & Machine) is another common marking on USGI mags.  
Link Posted: 9/25/2002 12:52:46 PM EDT
[#4]

Good luck importing them into CALIFORNIA.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top