Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/6/2008 2:42:41 PM EDT
I just ordered one of these to install on my Socom so I can fit a 5x multiplier on it for my aimpoint.  Has anyone installed one of these on their rifles?  Is it easy to install?  Anyone got some guides or recommendations for installing it?

Thanks.

Link Posted: 9/6/2008 5:34:37 PM EDT
[#1]
First off..... who had it in stock? Was it Fulton? I have been wanting to pick one up.

Now, to take off your clip guide you need to take out the bolt and use a 3/32 roll pin punch and drive out the roll pin from the inside out, and then gently tap the guide from the receiver: right to left.

Reinstall the pin from the top and dont forget to lube the pin,

Good luck and keep us posted,
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 7:54:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Hope This Helps

Thats the place I found it in stock at.

Thanks for the help.

Link Posted: 9/7/2008 6:54:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Ahhh, Clydes. I havent checked there in a while. Thanks.

Keep us posted with some pics after you get it installed. What optic and ring are you going to use?
Link Posted: 9/7/2008 7:36:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Im going to pick up one of those UTG 5x multiplier and a LaRue mount for it to pair with my Compm4.

Unless, someone can tell me if there is a mount that will bridge the gap btw the Cartridge Clip Guide Scope mount and the cluster rail so I can install a ACOG.

If so, thats what i will be doing and the Compm4 will go on the Sig 556.

Link Posted: 9/7/2008 10:56:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the link, I just picked one up.  A member of this board uses one to mount his Aimpoint and reports that it hasn't lost its zero as of yet.  
Link Posted: 9/7/2008 3:41:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Can the irons be used with the "diving board" mount installed?

If so, I was thinking of using a lever lock ring (ARMS) so the optic could be quickly removed and utilize the irons if needed. Its going on a Bush rifle (18.5") w/ folding stock.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top