Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/24/2008 1:55:20 PM EDT
I was just wondering if anyone else is having the problem of their .30 carbine shooting high when using wolf ammo?

I thought I read a while back that most people experience hitting low with wolf, so I was just wondering what could be wrong with me, the gun, or the ammo.

Gun

Target @ 100 yds for 20 rds

Link Posted: 8/24/2008 2:28:04 PM EDT
[#1]
How does it shoot with other ammo, ? Mine shot high with all ammo , front sight was to short. Replaced it with a new one and filed it to shoot dead on at 100yds
Link Posted: 8/24/2008 2:51:46 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
How does it shoot with other ammo, ? Mine shot high with all ammo , front sight was to short. Replaced it with a new one and filed it to shoot dead on at 100yds

To tell you the truth, the only other ammo I shot out of it was at 50yds and it seemed to be pretty much on as far as I can remember. The front sight on mine seemed to be altered, so that could be my problem.
Link Posted: 8/24/2008 6:57:47 PM EDT
[#3]
I found that mine shoots higher with Wolf than with Aguila.  I just adjuat the elevation of the rear sight as necessary and continue to shoot.
Link Posted: 8/24/2008 7:24:35 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I found that mine shoots higher with Wolf than with Aguila.  I just adjuat the elevation of the rear sight as necessary and continue to shoot.

Do you bump it up to the 200yd setting? I had it on 100/150 for that grouping.
Link Posted: 8/25/2008 11:21:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Dude, it's just fine.  What are you planning on shooting with it?  Another type of ammo may come down a hair.  But why?  You're on a 12" piece of paper at 100.  And the groups are pretty good for a Carbine.  I would call it good.  But maybe I'm crazy.  It looks like you're grouping may be about 3-3.5 inches high.  WOW, that's terrible.  If it was me, I'd just hold a hair low, if at all.  Even then, what's the point.

I'm kind of messing with you but that rifle was not designed to be a tack driver and for anti personelle, that's just fine.  Shoot it at 200 and see how she does.  At 200 with mine, I have to hold really far the the left for it to hit.  Really far means off paper.  Even though it's dead on at 50.  Those sights are not exactly precision.  Mine is the adjustable.

Just my 1 cent.
Link Posted: 8/25/2008 2:41:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Are you using a six oclock hold ?> Thats the way they are designed to shoot. If you are holding dead center thats why its shooting high. As already stated that aint bad for a carbine
Link Posted: 8/26/2008 3:59:30 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Are you using a six oclock hold ?> Thats the way they are designed to shoot. If you are holding dead center thats why its shooting high. As already stated that aint bad for a carbine

Yes, I'm using a six o'clock hold. I'm not particularly worried about the accuracy, I just wasn't sure if there was something obvious that I was doing which would cause the high shooting (e.g. didn't tighten something down etc.)

Quoted:
Dude, it's just fine.  What are you planning on shooting with it?  Another type of ammo may come down a hair.  But why?  You're on a 12" piece of paper at 100.  And the groups are pretty good for a Carbine.  I would call it good.  But maybe I'm crazy.  It looks like you're grouping may be about 3-3.5 inches high.  WOW, that's terrible.  If it was me, I'd just hold a hair low, if at all.  Even then, what's the point.

I'm kind of messing with you but that rifle was not designed to be a tack driver and for anti personelle, that's just fine.  Shoot it at 200 and see how she does.  At 200 with mine, I have to hold really far the the left for it to hit.  Really far means off paper.  Even though it's dead on at 50.  Those sights are not exactly precision.  Mine is the adjustable.

Just my 1 cent.

I'm actually going to be using the rifle in a Service rifle match this Sunday. Granted I'm not going for the win, so I'm not that concerned with it being dead nuts on. (I enjoy getting funny looks on the firing line. I usually shoot the 14lb H&R M12, granted it really isn't legal for the match, but at the local level they let it slide.)
Link Posted: 8/26/2008 7:19:58 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes, I'm using a six o'clock hold. I'm not particularly worried about the accuracy, I just wasn't sure if there was something obvious that I was doing which would cause the high shooting (e.g. didn't tighten something down etc.)

Quoted:

Just my 1 cent.

I'm actually going to be using the rifle in a Service rifle match this Sunday. Granted I'm not going for the win, so I'm not that concerned with it being dead nuts on. (I enjoy getting funny looks on the firing line. I usually shoot the 14lb H&R M12, granted it really isn't legal for the match, but at the local level they let it slide.)

Aaaaaaah!!  That makes sense then.  Just hold low.
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 8:22:41 PM EDT
[#9]
same problem im having with all ammo,used a laser bore sighter to check ,at 50yrds laserdot inch and a half above sights might need to replace front sight with higher post
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top