Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/19/2008 1:43:56 PM EDT
Hey i've got a m14 that came with everything USGI except for the trigger housing and of course the receiver, but the question i have is: is my op rod actually USGI its marked SA and 7267064-2 but how do i know its not a SAI?
Link Posted: 8/19/2008 2:39:31 PM EDT
[#1]
the dash 2 means it is SA I not USGI SA. Sorry...
Link Posted: 8/19/2008 7:10:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Correct, its SAInc.... not USGI SA.

Its still a good op-rod, run it until it breaks, then have SAInc replace it under their warranty.
Link Posted: 8/20/2008 4:38:03 AM EDT
[#3]
I've been running a SA Inc. op rod for 13 years.  No problem.
Link Posted: 8/20/2008 6:27:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah thats what i was thinking, i forgot about that sai warranty though. It looks great though, finish and fit are perfect so i guess i wont worry to much. Thanks again everyone.
Link Posted: 8/21/2008 8:03:10 AM EDT
[#5]
I didn't mean to elude to the effect that they will break, it would be very rare. I was just trying to put emphasis on their warranty.

Alot of us replaced the SAInc parts years ago to have all USGI components on the rifles, but that was back when they were cheap, I have some spares but my Bush rifle is all SAInc and its very reliable and accurate.

Keep it lubed (properly), have a USGI extractor, and replace the springs when needed and you will probably never have any issues. Oh, and use good ammo too.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 7:12:47 PM EDT
[#6]
So i found a niw Winchester Oprod, Trigger Housing and a TRW bolt all for $260.00 this past weekend at the gun show in Austin, all fit perfect bolt even headspaced in go range. Safety though is harder to push than the SAI housing, but no complaints though. :  )
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top