Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/21/2008 10:58:56 PM EDT
I have a SA Loaded M1A with SS BBL, and factory SA 20rnd Mags, when I load the first rnd it fires fine but when it loads the second rnd the bolt doesnot close all the way, I have tried several brands of ammo and diff mags and I have the same prob, the most consec.... rnds it has fired is 3 and this is a brand new gun. Help me please.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 2:44:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Did you dissasemble, clean it well, and re-lube ? If not try that first. You should get an m-14 manual for reference.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 5:49:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Well, let's cover the basics. Did you grease all the appropriate parts?

The other thing to look to is the magazine.  I don't believe SAI sends 20 round mags.  They usually use 10 rounders.  I thought.  I could be wrong about that.  But if I'm correct, what kind of 20 round mag is that?

Thirdly, is this the original Stock?

Did you buy this new?
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 2:01:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I have dissasembled and lubed all parts needed, The mags I am using are SA 20 and 10rnd mags, and the stock is orig and I did buy it brand new.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 2:18:37 PM EDT
[#4]
What ammo are you using? First time we used my friends the surplus ammo we ran through it made it do the same thing, it was a tight chamber.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 9:35:25 PM EDT
[#5]
I have tried using several brands of ammo, Win, REM, LC, PMC, S&B, Hornady, AE, Fed. All have had the same prob, if it helps It has the SS NM bbl on it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top