Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2008 4:45:42 PM EDT
The M1A has retaken the title "my favorite firearm of all time" back from the M1, specifically my new scout has passed my DGR tuned Winchester M1.  Today was my second trip to the range with it, and it has NOT ONCE missed a beat, even though it has not been treated well.  My cleaning kit is still packed with the movers, so the only cleaning it had gotten from last week's range trip was a spray down with the garden hose and then a shot of rem oil into the chamber.

Today I put another 100 or so rounds down range and the thing is scary accurate, and packs a thump too.  we had a 25lb weight plate we had set up like a gong, and the scout shattered it into about 5 pieces on the 4th hit.  we also had a case of cheap wal mart soda that we det out at ranges from 25 to 100 yards.  the scout had no trouble picking those off either, with quite the satisfying poof each time.

my mount for my aimpoint should come in this week, so the scout will get even cooler and even eviler.  
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 6:35:51 PM EDT
[#1]
It's my favorite rifle too.  I love my scout!  Bought it for hog hunting, planned to do a bunch of crap to it.  Now it is all stock, minus the removed scout rail.  Put a standard hand guard on, and sling and thats pretty much it.  Finally used it on a hog a couple weeks ago.  It was amazing!!!  175lb sow dropped like a ton of bricks.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 7:36:36 PM EDT
[#2]
You military guys seemed to obsess about how important it is to clean.  IMHO, cleaning your barrel just hurts accuracy.  I'm not saying I never clean, but certainly not every range session.  And unless you shot 1k rounds last range session, it wouldn't have gotten all that dirty.

Just my soap box 2 cents and rant.

Glad you like your rifle though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top