Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/19/2002 5:46:47 PM EDT
The new Springfield M1A looks like a killer deal. Can anyone talk me out of it?
Link Posted: 9/19/2002 6:00:26 PM EDT
[#1]
what deal??
Link Posted: 9/23/2002 12:24:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Do it. I did. I'll post pics tomorrow. :)
Link Posted: 9/25/2002 9:53:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Whats the sweet deal?
Link Posted: 9/26/2002 10:53:53 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Whats the sweet deal?

Buy any Springfield M1A and get a mount and 6X scope for $100. Plus you get a coupon good for 90 days to buy accessories for 25-50% off. Some good deals in there.
Link Posted: 9/26/2002 7:10:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Wow!

That does sound like a great deal.

I wonder if that deal goes with any model M1A sold new from any dealer?
Link Posted: 9/27/2002 1:02:25 PM EDT
[#6]
That was the deal when I bought mine last year. You just mail in a copy of the receipt with the date on it with your check and your good to go.
Link Posted: 9/29/2002 6:59:36 AM EDT
[#7]
On paper it's a great deal, but I'm having problems with the mount being out of spec, and if you ever want to sell the scope and mount, don't think that you're going to make a killing.  Springfield scopes aren't terribly popular among serious tactical shooters, the S.A. 6X40 is probably the least popular of their scopes, and with their "scope it out" promotion, the market is flooded with people selling their scopes and mounts.  I have a buddy who is selling a Leupold 6-20X Vari-X III for $250.00, barely used, and I'm beginning to wish I'd just bought that and an A.R.M.S. mount and rings.  Just my $.02 . . . .
Link Posted: 10/2/2002 9:56:12 AM EDT
[#8]
On www.battlefiles.com I read that the instructions that come with the mount recommend literally beating the mount into your receiver (and thus forming the softer aluminum mount to the receiver) in order to get a good fit.  Doesn't sound like a quality mount to me.  However, I see them selling on ebay for $75-80 all the time by themselves, so you can always sell the mount and basically get the scope for $50 ("scope it out" is listed as $125 on their site now).   While the scope may not be that great, it is probably worth more than $50...

Rocko
Link Posted: 10/2/2002 4:06:00 PM EDT
[#9]
The mount does need to be hit with a rubber mallot when installing,to get it to seat good. this is not a big deal,you do not need to beat it. maybe an AR can't take it but an M1A can.(hehehe)all kidding aside, I really like my scope and mount, and for the price, it can not be beat. The scope is very well made and nice and clear, and the mount has not given me any troubles.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top