Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/3/2007 2:42:20 PM EDT
I bought a fiberglass stock at a gunshow for real cheap ($5) but it needs refinishing and I wanted to know which commercial store bought paint I can buy that has the most authentic shade of brown like the original color. Anybody know?
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 9:40:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Krylon camo colors brown looks like original.I use a that with a matte clear coat.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 5:59:32 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Krylon camo colors brown looks like original.I use a that with a matte clear coat.

I used that too.  I wish I could get my pics up!!!!
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 6:51:51 AM EDT
[#3]
If you care more about what just looks good and towards what is also tough than you might think about picking up some Alumahyde II from Brownells. It's a colored epoxy air dry finish and much tougher than Krylon.

I don't know how close it is to the original GI fiberglass brown cause I don't like brown gear when there's OD, but it can't be that far off and you could always coat the stock also for an even nicer finish. Just a thought.

Alumahyde II
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 4:24:56 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
If you care more about what just looks good and towards what is also tough than you might think about picking up some Alumahyde II from Brownells. It's a colored epoxy air dry finish and much tougher than Krylon.

I don't know how close it is to the original GI fiberglass brown cause I don't like brown gear when there's OD, but it can't be that far off and you could always coat the stock also for an even nicer finish. Just a thought.

Alumahyde II

I already tried Alumahyde and it isnt that close
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 9:28:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Go to an automotive paint store with your stock and they will be able to mix a perfect match.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 11:22:15 AM EDT
[#6]

That's the krylon camo brown
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top