Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/7/2007 12:24:31 PM EDT
I got one on my new M1A and I really like it.  Seems to tame recoil well.  I was shooting around dusk and didn't notice a flash signature at all.  Big difference from the straight muzzle brake on my PTR91 -- you see a huge fireball with that.

Just curious what the general consensus on these was.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 3:45:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Here you go bro!  I'm putting a pic of my "new" Colt Commander on the 1911 thread as well.  I've been behind on my pics .

Link Posted: 10/7/2007 5:04:36 PM EDT
[#2]
It's a muzzle brake not a flash suppressor. If it was a flash suppressor it wouldn't be California legal. I had one on my Poly Tech and it did nothing in the way of reducing muzzle flash.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 12:53:24 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Here you go bro!  I'm putting a pic of my "new" Colt Commander on the 1911 thread as well.  I've been behind on my pics .

i32.photobucket.com/albums/d26/vesel/DSC_0411.jpg

Awwwww sweet!!!  Is that a loaded?  And what kind of rail system is that?  Did you put any rounds downrange with her?  

Shot our two favorite pistols today!!!!!  It was a good day.  I gotta shoot my M1A soooooooon!!!

I've got about 150 rounds downrange so far.  I LOVE the darn thing.  I've always lusted after an M1A, but kept talking myself out of one because mags were too expensive, it wasn't a viable weapon anymore, etc etc.  Well, I should've just gotten one all along.  It's just absolutely amazing.  I really do think it'll be my #1 go-to rifle like my Wilson is my #1 go-to pistol.  I'm just in love.

It's the loaded model with the Vltor rail system.  I purchased 13 Checkmate mags on-line and now I'm good to go .
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 1:16:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 3:43:04 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Awwwww sweet!!!  Is that a loaded?  And what kind of rail system is that?  Did you put any rounds downrange with her?  

Shot our two favorite pistols today!!!!!  It was a good day.  I gotta shoot my M1A soooooooon!!!

I've got about 150 rounds downrange so far.  I LOVE the darn thing.  I've always lusted after an M1A, but kept talking myself out of one because mags were too expensive, it wasn't a viable weapon anymore, etc etc.  Well, I should've just gotten one all along.  It's just absolutely amazing.  I really do think it'll be my #1 go-to rifle like my Wilson is my #1 go-to pistol.  I'm just in love.

It's the loaded model with the Vltor rail system.  I purchased 13 Checkmate mags on-line and now I'm good to go .

I would have no problem making mine my go to rifle.  If it was 3 pounds lighter.  I'm a wuss.  My brothers poly though, no problem.  I think it is almost 3 pounds lighter.  Someday, I gotta get a light one built up.  Or reconfigure mine.  And with surplus ammo, they really don't kick too much.  It is a fine weapon.

What rail system is that?
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 4:15:22 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I would have no problem making mine my go to rifle.  If it was 3 pounds lighter.  I'm a wuss.  My brothers poly though, no problem.  I think it is almost 3 pounds lighter.  Someday, I gotta get a light one built up.  Or reconfigure mine.  And with surplus ammo, they really don't kick too much.  It is a fine weapon.

What rail system is that?

It's heavy, but not enough to cause me too much concern.  But then again, I haven't hiked with it for 50 miles yet.  I like my lightweight AR-15, but I think this is my go-to rifle now.

The rail system is made by Vltor.  I think they used to offer it on its own, but now Springfield owns the rights to it, so it's only sold on their loaded top-of-the-line with rail model.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 6:22:19 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
...  The FAL is considerably more accurate with the comp than without.  I figure it's due to reduced barrel whip.

You are absolutely correct about the weight stopping the barrel whip.
I have a flash hider/muzzle brake on my Mini14 Ranch Rifle and it DOES MAKE a huge difference in accuracy.
I haven't done any testing with the tightening of the E2 stabilizer, i.e. torque levels vs accuracy, on my NM, but I'm betting you can find a "sweet spot" at a specific torque level tightening it down to the bayonet lug.
I'll get around trying it out one of these days.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top