Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/22/2007 4:53:28 AM EDT
Okay, in reference to my thread about a loose SA op-rod guide on my Polytech barrel, where can I get a ChiCom op-rod guide? That would probably be the easiest fix. Anyone have one to part with or who sells ChiCom parts?
Link Posted: 9/22/2007 11:59:54 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
You can't order all the part's and assemble a rifle without breaking the law. Remember no more imported AW's? Marstar will sell replacement part's for existing rifle's. It will be up to the buyer to abid by all law's. As in no more than ten imported part's etc. I have a Norinco bought in the early 90's. I will install the required US part's to be 922 compliant and have allready begun that. But with the rising cost of USGI part's and not a lot of option's I hope that I can keep this rifle alive for a very long time.

On a Chinese M14, if you want an original flash suppressor/bayonet lug, the only domestic parts you need are a U.S. stock, handguard, magazine and muzzle device. Plentiful and not very expensive at all.
Link Posted: 9/22/2007 12:47:13 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
You can't order all the part's and assemble a rifle without breaking the law. Remember no more imported AW's? Marstar will sell replacement part's for existing rifle's. It will be up to the buyer to abid by all law's. As in no more than ten imported part's etc. I have a Norinco bought in the early 90's. I will install the required US part's to be 922 compliant and have allready begun that. But with the rising cost of USGI part's and not a lot of option's I hope that I can keep this rifle alive for a very long time.

On a Chinese M14, if you want an original flash suppressor/bayonet lug, the only domestic parts you need are a U.S. stock, handguard, magazine and muzzle device. Plentiful and not very expensive at all.

So if I bought a m1a reciever locally I could LEGALLY buy 10 parts for the rifle from canada and still be in compliance?  Obviosly they would be 10 of the major parts like the bolt, oprod barrel ect.

Sorry I don't know much about m1a's they've been out of my pricerange for quite a while.
Link Posted: 9/22/2007 3:24:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/23/2007 7:18:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Went on their website, couldn't find anything about bolts?
Link Posted: 9/24/2007 2:14:35 PM EDT
[#5]
It's not on the website........It's a secret

Quoted:
Went on their website, couldn't find anything about bolts?
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 5:40:06 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So if I bought a m1a reciever locally I could LEGALLY buy 10 parts for the rifle from canada and still be in compliance?  Obviosly they would be 10 of the major parts like the bolt, oprod barrel ect.

Sorry I don't know much about m1a's they've been out of my pricerange for quite a while.

Not as simple as that since the Norinco bolts are a drop in item on the Poly receivers, but not on the S/A receivers. Also, the Poly's have a few metric thread parts such as the the FS castle nut for the metric threads on the Poly barrels.

Actually, it would be pretty much that simple. A complete Chinese kit, a U.S. reciever, stock, handguard and magazine. You will be compliant. No issue with the metric parts since you would be using the Chinese barrel. If the bolt issues really have been corrected, then a Chinese bolt shouldn't be a problem to fit a U.S. receiver.

Are Chinese parts/kits available for import from Canada?

What problems would I run into if I wanted to us a US reciever and something like a Kreiger barrel  and a US stock and handguard?  Would all the other small parts work?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top