Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/19/2007 5:41:43 PM EDT
Just got a call from Dean Dillenbaugh.  Apparently my oprod for the Winchester rifle I sent him was out of spec, and it will cost $80 for the rebuild.  

Here I thought it was gorgeous when I got it, but apparently it was worn more than I thought.  Good news is all other parts are good to go, so not too bad for a collection of parts I got from Ebay, Sarco and Orion7.

I guess +$80 isn't so bad, especially considering that I flat out stole that oprod in the first place.  Buddy of mine got it on a rifle he picked up from CMP, and since he was just after a shooter, he traded me the WRA rod in exchange for a different one.  Cost me $40 (ebay) to replace the one that I gave him in exchange for a correct WRA Type 5 rod.  Even factoring in the rebuild, $120 for a WRA oprod is STILL a great price in today's market, especially for a freshly rebuilt one from DGR.
Link Posted: 6/19/2007 6:30:53 PM EDT
[#1]
There always seems to be a pothole or two in a build like that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top