Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/19/2007 5:52:22 AM EDT
I was wondering if I put a Vortex on an 18" M1a will it make the same tuning fork noise as the Vortex on my 16" AR15?
Thanks
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 5:56:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Mine do if I tap on the exterior with a metal letter opener.
It does not make a ringing noise when fired.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 9:24:19 AM EDT
[#2]
I have one on my Scout. I've never heard a tuning fork noise...

Check the inside, by chance are you getting bullet strikes on the tines?
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 9:26:32 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I have one on my Scout. I've never heard a tuning fork noise...

Check the inside, by chance are you getting bullet strikes on the tines?

No it isnt a bullet strike.. Ask around on the AR15 forums they all do it.. I have one on a 11.5in barrel that is anoying as hell..
Thanks
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 10:13:37 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

No it isnt a bullet strike.. Ask around on the AR15 forums they all do it.. I have one on a 11.5in barrel that is anoying as hell..
Thanks

Sounds like an issue with ARs only.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 10:20:09 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks

Sounds like an issue with ARs only.

Not with my 18" ADCO built SPR-ish rifle it isn't... Dunno. I've never read that before, Skeeter, and I've never heard ringing with either of my Vortexes, in 7.62 OR 5.56mm.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top