Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/26/2007 7:28:29 PM EDT
So I bought a Greek FG which I received last month-looks to be in pretty good condition except a crack in the stock which got much worse when I was cleaning it.  While I have had it apart cleaning I discovered Deans and thought to myself that someday I will send mine in to get reparked and a new stock-in the mean time I will shoot it and just have fun with it.

So for the decision part, do I start accumulating parts now to get the rifle as correct as possible before that beautiful day I send it to Dean or would I just be wasting my money?  I figure I could make up some of the expense by selling the parts that are on the rifle but it appears most the parts are post WWII parts and probably aren't in such of a demand as the parts I would need for my serial #2082xxx.  Also since most of the parts that came with my FG are "newer" I would guess they are in better condition than most the original parts I might find.  I like the idea of having a mostly correct rifle but know that the barrel is not original and neither will be the stock.

I would love to hear thoughts on the subject-orginally I didn't care since it was just going to be a shooter but if I spend the $$ at Dean's I will want it to be the nicest shooter I can afford
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 6:14:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Unless you plan on getting the correct stock and barrel it will never be worth what you put into it....and if your Garand has that black greek parkerizing it will never look right even with all the correct parts...... I'd just send what you have now off to Deans and be done with it........
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top