Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/1/2006 10:41:17 AM EDT
Gentlemen,
Many of you have been working on this Question and many fine answers. However, here's what it is for. I am sure someone will be working on these to sell. I do have some more data. But then again I am an idiot.

Warning, before you go to my sites lower your volume as the opening page contains a sound file which has a loading and firing of the M1 Garand. So if you're at work or home it may be wise to check your volume control.

If you need a better copy just email me.
[email protected]

Gentlemen you know what to do. Push just a little more TIA
Thanks again
Clancy
Looking for Sponsors
NRA Life Endowment
NRA Training Counselor
NRA Instructor
FSS 90% / BW X Speed Div by 1000 = PF
THA 63

Link Posted: 11/1/2006 10:46:51 AM EDT
[#1]

Av.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 5:57:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Read under the second picture. It states, "Rifle Ready to be Cleaned." Interesting contraption.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 6:40:48 PM EDT
[#3]
call me ignorant, but what would be the point of it?  the bolt already holds open on it's own
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 8:11:33 PM EDT
[#4]
I think what the caption is about is to show GI's how to use an empty clip to act as a second bolt hold open device for cleaning.  Nothing is worse that running a rod and patch down the barrel, hit a tight spot and then have the rod jump, hit the bolt and release the bolt, pushing the rod and patch into the chamber therefore locking the weapon up.  Its happened to me before. No fun, I had to beat the op rod back with a mallet to unstick the action.
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 12:48:21 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm going to have to agree with Fortis here...

I'd also think that the clip with the extra notch is to hold the bolt open for cleaning, without having to worry about hitting the follower with cleaning tools and disengaging the op-rod catch and closing the bolt on a brush or patch or something...

Just my WAG

...oh yes, and clancy, you are most definitely not an idiot
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top