Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/30/2006 7:42:35 AM EDT
Gentlemen,
Here's another for you. Do you have any idea what this was to be used for ??

Warning, before you go to my sites lower your volume as the opening page contains a sound file which has a loading and firing of the M1 Garand. So if you're at work or home it may be wise to check your volume control.

If you need a better copy just email me.
[email protected]

Gentlemen you know what to do.
Thanks again
Clancy
Looking for Sponsors
NRA Life Endowment
NRA Training Counselor
NRA Instructor
FSS 90% / BW X Speed Div by 1000 = PF
THA 63
www.garandm1rifle.com
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 8:10:11 AM EDT
[#1]
The image is not terribly clear, though I'll give it a shot anyway....

I'm guessing the extra notch is to catch the enblock clip and stop it from ejecting further out of the action, and also possibly allow for individual rounds to be manually loaded. The bar across the mouth of the clip does not help to support this guess, though.

It may be that it is a field-expedient device used to time the action.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 9:56:42 AM EDT
[#2]
5 shot, non ejecting clip?

Link Posted: 10/30/2006 4:21:01 PM EDT
[#3]
This is another interesting thread.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 4:39:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Left-handed action test clip
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 6:06:56 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Left-handed action test clip

Heh! I'd like to see a mirror-image Garand. I am left handed, and loading a Garand can get interesting. Try it sometime!
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 8:42:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Gentlemen,
Sorry about the pic. It's off very old microfilm and was hard to get it as it is.
Best I could do
Thanks again
Clancy
ps nice comebacks
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 3:34:31 PM EDT
[#7]
if the additional notch is in fact duplicated on the other side in reverse could this be an early concept of the 2 round / 5 round clip?
I'm still new to garands - just guessing...I love this game!! (goes to get popcorn)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top