Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/10/2006 7:09:38 PM EDT
Thought it was supposed to be avaible in July.
Link Posted: 8/10/2006 7:27:47 PM EDT
[#1]
There is a prototype stock floating around for evaluation purposes.

As much as I would like to see the DISS become available, I still
don't think it's going to happen. I hope I'm wrong, but it don't look good.
Link Posted: 8/10/2006 7:47:50 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Do you think it's not going to be produced at all? If so, can you share why you feel that way?

Or do you think they just aren't going to market it to the civilian market?
Link Posted: 8/10/2006 8:09:33 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Do you think it's not going to be produced at all? If so, can you share why you feel that way?

Or do you think they just aren't going to market it to the civilian market?

The DISS is the 3rd version of a drop-in type stock for the M14 that TROY has teased us with over the past 2+ years.
#1 and #2 vaporized just as they were about to go public - - Not a good track record.
#3 has hit a few speed bumps and I'm just not going to hold my breath on this one.

The civilian market is really all TROY can hope for with this stock. SAGE has the lions
share of military business and SEI is filling the gaps with their Tri-rail synthetic stocks.

I do hope I am wrong about the DISS ...
Link Posted: 8/10/2006 9:07:23 PM EDT
[#4]
I see, didn't know this was their 3rd try. Thanks for the info.

On a related note, I don't really understand why this is such a difficult project. I'm pretty new to M1As, but it would seem to me that a drop in stock would be a very easy thing to make due to the M1A design. Throw a couple rails on it, add a AR buffer tube at a proper height and you're done. Maybe I'm missing something here.
Link Posted: 8/11/2006 9:30:32 PM EDT
[#5]
There is much more to the story; here is a little of it.

..third try, because Troy is a perfectionist and keeps updating and changing the design.

Troy makes several products for the AR that are excellent and prefered by many over competing products; especially his BUIS.  Some projects have to take priority over others and Troy has several projects going.  There is a lot involved with bringing a product to market.

I'm still optimistic that a Troy drop in stock will be produced, but not on the timing.  I look for them before Christmas...

Take Care,

Tony
Link Posted: 8/12/2006 4:37:02 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I'm still optimistic ...

There may be light at the end of this tunnel after all ~
Link Posted: 8/25/2006 12:45:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Is this a pistol grip/collabsible stock for the m1a?

I've been looking at the SAGE stocks but am having trouble justifying spending 500-700 on a stock.

anyone have a pic of a prototype?
Link Posted: 8/25/2006 4:14:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Vaporware.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top